The state of Texas imposes strict legal penalties when it convicts someone of intoxication manslaughter. Whether or not you were proven to be intoxicated at the time of a fatal accident, your freedom, reputation, and much more are still at risk.
Everyone facing criminal charges in Texas deserves an advocate. You should seek a lawyer who will craft a strong defense on your behalf. An Arlington intoxication manslaughter lawyer from the Law Offices of Randall B. Isenberg will seek the most favorable outcome possible in your case.
What Is at Stake in an Arlington Intoxication Manslaughter Case?
Texas Penal Code Sec. 49.08 explains that a charge of intoxication manslaughter is, in most cases, a second-degree felony. A second-degree felony conviction in Arlington may come with penalties of:
- Between 2 and 20 years in prison
- A fine of up to $10,000
The legal penalties from an intoxication manslaughter conviction don’t capture the entire cost of conviction. Between having to go to prison, facing a substantial fine, and having a felony on your record, you may also:
- Lose custody of children: A conviction for intoxication manslaughter can be used against you. If you have children, you may lose custody of those children now or in the future, as family courts may hold your felony conviction against you.
- Lose your current career: There are many careers in which an intoxication manslaughter conviction could prevent you from working. From white-collar jobs to other types of employment, a conviction could spell the end of your current line of work.
- Have difficulty finding gainful employment in the future: You may face a more limited pool of job prospects if you are convicted of intoxication manslaughter.
- Face immense financial hardship: Between the potential of a court-ordered fine and the professional consequences of a conviction, you could face immense financial pressure if convicted.
- Experience psychological and emotional problems: The effects of a conviction can take a psychological and emotional toll. The circumstances that have led to your charges may be stressful in their own right. Your well-being will likely only worsen if you are forced to go to prison, pay fines, and suffer the other consequences of a conviction.
Weigh all of these consequences carefully. The fallout from an intoxication manslaughter conviction ranges well beyond your sentence—it will affect virtually every aspect of your life.
Why Choose the Law Offices of Randall B. Isenberg for Your Legal Defense?
Every criminal charge is serious, but an intoxication manslaughter charge requires you to fight for your life. Choose an intoxication manslaughter lawyer with a track record of success and relevant experience.
Attorney Randall B. Isenberg is a former State District Judge and Chief Felony Prosecutor. This unique experience is important because:
- It allows Isenberg and his team to understand the mind and processes of a prosecutor
- Isenberg and his team understand when prosecutors may be willing to accept a plea bargain that favors the defendant (you)
- Isenberg and his team can look at the evidence in your case from the perspective of a criminal defense attorney, judge, and prosecutor
As a criminal defense lawyer, you can never have enough experience. With more than 30 years of helping clients like you protect their futures, the Law Offices of Randall B. Isenberg has the knowledge and resources to lead your defense in Arlington.
We Have a History of Success
Also, consider our firm’s case results. As these results show, we are constantly helping clients charged with intoxication offenses to:
- Reduce their charges
- Dismiss their charges
- Secure not-guilty verdicts
Our entire team will mount the strongest defense we can within the law.
Arlington Intoxication Manslaughter Lawyer Near Me (214) 696-9253
Client Testimonials for the Law Offices of Randall B. Isenberg
We frequently receive positive reviews from the clients we have helped overcome serious legal charges:
- “The Isenberg team is truly an outstanding group of professionals. They were honest with me from the beginning about my case being a difficult case but they were going to try their best. They absolutely did their best and more.” – Armando Escobar
- “I contacted the Law Offices of Randall Isenberg and they did a superb Job with handling my case.” – Carlos Piedrahita
- “Simply the best criminal defense lawyer in Texas! We hired him to represent our family on a felony case that not only could have had my father behind bars for the rest of his life but could have taken the most vital member of our family from us. From day one he guided us, advised us and walked with us until the very end.” – Nuria Garcia
We lead each case as if it is the most important one we have ever handled. With charges as serious as the ones you face, we must work quickly to mount your defense.
Click to contact our Intoxication Manslaughter Lawyers today
How an Intoxication Manslaughter Lawyer from Our Firm Will Fight for You
Our team will lead your defense in Arlington by:
- Examining the evidence: The prosecutor must prove your guilt beyond a reasonable doubt. If the evidence in your case does not prove your intoxication, or there are other flaws in the prosecution’s case, we’ll take advantage.
- Advising you about the best possible outcome in your case: The strength of the evidence will help us craft a legal strategy. In some intoxication manslaughter cases, we fight to clear the client’s name. In others, reducing charges through a plea agreement is more appropriate.
- Negotiating with the prosecutor: We can negotiate with the prosecutor in your case. Our firm will see what offer, if any, the prosecution has extended to you.
We will manage every other detail of your defense. We’ll update you throughout the legal process, and you’ll be involved in every important case decision.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Discuss Your Intoxication Manslaughter Defense With Our Team
We will take advantage of all the time you give us, so don’t wait to hire our firm. An intoxication manslaughter lawyer will begin working on your case to build a strong legal strategy.
Call the Law Offices of Randall B. Isenberg today to discuss your defense in Arlington.
Call or text (214) 696-9253 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form