If you or someone you love was recently arrested for DWI (driving while intoxicated) in Cedar Hill, our team at the Law Offices of Randall B. Isenberg might be able to help. Our goal is to help you avoid harsh penalties and get the chance to start over.
What Our Team of Lawyers Can Do for You
In your defense, our team may:
- Preserve your good name in your community
- Protect your present career and future goals
- Keep you updated as your case progresses
- Prevent the loss of your driver’s license
The aftermath of a DWI arrest can be distressing. A Cedar Hill DWI lawyer at the Law Offices of Randall B. Isenberg can support your fight for justice.
There Must Exist Probable Cause for Your Arrest
When a police officer pulls you over because he suspects you of drinking and driving, he must have probable cause, per Texas Code of Criminal Procedure §14.03. Accordingly, we carefully examine the details of your arrest to ensure its validity. If we are able to prove there was no valid probable cause for your arrest, we may fight to have the charges against you dismissed.
If you have doubts about the validity of your arrest, inform a team member right away. We will listen with compassion to your version of events. If our team uncovers any arrest-related irregularities that may work in your favor, we may have leverage for your defense.
Your Rights Must Be Respected
When you are arrested for DWI—or any crime in Cedar Hills—Texas Code of Criminal Procedure §38.22 gives you certain rights that must be respected. As you are being arrested, police must inform you of your right to:
- Remain silent and say nothing
- Know that anything you say can be used against you
- Have a lawyer present during any questioning
- Stop any questioning at any point
Any violation of your rights might help us fight in your defense. If you were not informed of your rights or were questioned without a lawyer after asking for one, let a member of our team know immediately. We work hard to defend you and might be able to use a violation of your rights to have the charges against you dismissed.
How We Can Help You Fight DWI Charges
We are committed to helping you avoid a long-term suspension of your driving privileges. You do not have to fight the loss of your license or other consequences of DWI charges on your own. When our team represents you, we take every opportunity to prevent the charges against you by:
- Challenging BAC (blood alcohol concentration) test accuracy
- Identifying flaws in your arrest
- Challenging field sobriety test results
- Contesting testing equipment calibration
- Negotiating a plea bargain or lower charges
Our team is ready to defend you if you are facing DWI charges. A Cedar Hill DWI lawyer at the Law Offices of Randall B. Isenberg can help you fight to preserve your current and future reputation.
Possible DWI Penalties in Cedar Hill
A DWI arrest can be stressful, and the fear of conviction can only worsen your distress. After an arrest, our team works hard to help our clients retain or regain their driving privileges. We also fight to minimize the following fines and penalties:
- First offense DWI: Incarceration of between 72 hours and 6 months in jail with no mandatory minimum
- Second offense DWI: Incarceration of between 1 month and 1 year with a 3-day mandatory minimum
If a DWI arrest leads to a conviction, the penalties might disrupt your life. It might also affect your career and finances. With our help, you might be able to decrease the negative impact on your life and the impact on your family, community, and finances.
For a free legal consultation with a DWI Lawyer serving Cedar Hill, call (214) 696-9253
Possible DWI Penalty Enhancements
The penalties for DWI can separate you from your friends, family, and job. In addition to the penalties outlined above, you might also be faced with penalty enhancements under certain circumstances. They include:
- If your BAC is 0.15 or higher, it raises the offense from a Class B to a Class A misdemeanor.
- If you are arrested for DWI with an open container in your vehicle, it raises the offense from a Class B to a Class A misdemeanor with jail time.
- If you are involved in a DWI car accident that resulted in injuries, it raises the offense from a misdemeanor to a felony.
If you were in an accident and charged with a DWI and convicted, your criminal record can never be sealed. Our team fights hard to help you avoid conviction and the long-term damage it might cause.
Cedar Hill DWI Lawyer Near Me (214) 696-9253
DWI Results for Previous Clients
We take each client on a case-by-case basis and provide the defense that benefits them most. The following are the results of DWI charges faced by previous clients:
- DWI (BAC .14) reduced to obstruction
- DWI (BAC .15) reduced to Class B
- DWI (BAC .20) reduced to Class B
- DWLSH dismissed
- DWI (BAC .15) dismissed
- DWI dismissed
Our team fights hard to obtain sentence reductions and to have the charges against you dismissed whenever possible. We also look for opportunities to negotiate plea agreements and other solutions that let you avoid harsh penalties and severe fines.
Put Our Experience to Work for You – Contact Our Attorneys Today
With over 30+ years of experience in a career as both a former prosecutor and state district judge, Randall B. Isenberg and his team are ready to fight for the best possible outcome for you. When you are ready to hire a Cedar Hill DWI lawyer to help you build a credible defense, we are here to help. Contact the criminal defense team at the Law Offices of Randall B. Isenberg by calling (214) 696-9253 today.