An arrest leading to a drug charge can result in serious consequences. Whether you face a drug charge on the state or federal level, you want a Dallas drug crime lawyer who will help you prepare the strongest possible defense and minimize the potential consequences.
Our firm handles a wide range of drug charges, from misdemeanor drug possession to probation violations to federal drug trafficking. From the moment you hire us until the very end of your case, we can work to protect your rights.
What Can Our Dallas Drug Crime Lawyers do for You?
At Law Offices of Randall B. Isenberg, we provide each of our clients with the comprehensive service they need when facing a federal or state drug charge, such as:
- Drug trafficking
- Drug smuggling
- Possession of a controlled substance
- Possession with intent to distribute
- And many more
Our drug crime attorneys handles cases involving all types of narcotics, illegal substances, and prescription drugs in Dallas, TX. Per the Texas Controlled Substances Act, such substances include:
We also handle any and all peripheral charges that may accompany your drug charges. For example, money laundering, DWI, and weapons violations can lead to more serious consequences upon conviction and a possible driver’s license suspension.
Building a Strong Defense Against Drug Crimes
There are a number of ways to build a strong defense against drug charges. These include (but are certainly not limited to) the following:
- Examine all evidence: If evidence has been obtained in violation of your rights, we can file motions to suppress this evidence based on warrant defects, a lack of probable cause, a lack of effective consent to an otherwise unauthorized search, or other violation of your rights.
- Negotiate a plea: For smaller state drug offenses, we can explore the option of deferred adjudication. Per Page 1 of a document published by the Texas Judicial Branch, deferred adjudication means that you will have no permanent criminal record pertaining to this crime.
- Bargain for reduced charges: If successful, this tactic may enable you to get out of jail sooner, pay smaller fines, rebuild your life quicker, and even expunge your record more easily than you would otherwise.
- Advocate for you at trial: Not all cases go to trial. However, if yours does, we can stand up for you before a judge and jury, presenting our evidence and working hard to persuade them that you should be released. We can also appeal for a new trial, if necessary.
If you have been accused of drug crimes in Dallas, you may find it much easier to face these charges with a Dallas drug crime lawyer from our law firm by your side. Law Offices of Randall B. Isenberg is passionate about protecting our clients’ rights and doing everything possible to procure their freedom.
For a free legal consultation with a Drug Crimes Lawyer in Dallas, call (214) 696-9253
Sentencing for Drug Crimes May be Harsh
The penalties you face if convicted of a drug crime depend on a variety of factors, including but not limited to:
- Your age
- If you have been convicted of similar offenses before
- What you are accused of (possession, manufacture, trafficking, etc.)
- What the judge feels is appropriate
- Which drugs and what amount of drugs are involved
For example, as Section 481.121 of the Texas Controlled Substances Act explains, charges involving possession of marijuana become more serious as the amount of marijuana involved increases. This, as detailed by the University of Texas at Austin, affects the maximum penalties the accused may face. These penalties are as follows:
- If caught in possession of less than 2 ounces of marijuana, you could spend 6 months in jail and be compelled to pay $2,000 in fines.
- If caught with between 2 and 4 ounces, you could spend 1 year in jail and be compelled to pay $4,000 in fines.
- If caught with between 4 ounces and 5 pounds, you could spend 2 years in prison and be compelled to pay $10,000 in fines.
- If caught with between 5 and 50 pounds, you could spend 10 years in prison and be compelled to pay $10,000 in fines.
- If caught with between 50 and 2,000 pounds, you could spend 20 years in prison and be compelled to pay $10,000 in fines.
The fines mentioned here do not include any court fees you might be obligated to pay. Also, if your alleged actions caused injury or property damage to another person, you may be forced to pay restitution. All of this can add to your financial burden.
Dallas Drug Crimes Lawyer Near Me (214) 696-9253
The Long-Term Penalties of Conviction for Drug Crimes
Drug crimes can have a serious impact on all aspects of your life, including your:
- Rights: Per the Texas State Law Library, a felony conviction could temporarily stop you from voting. An example of a drug-related felony is if you are convicted of possessing more than 5 pounds of marijuana.
- Mental health: Going through the legal process and spending years in jail or prison can be traumatic experiences.
- Family life: You could lose contact with those you love most. Even after you have served your time, your relationship with these individuals may never be the same.
- Finances: Between fines and being unable to maintain your job while in prison, you could face long-term damage to your family’s financial stability.
- Future prospects: Finding an apartment or a job may be much harder with a conviction on your record.
Law Offices of Randall B. Isenberg wants to help you avoid the worst of these consequences, if possible. Our Dallas lawyers can make it easier and less stressful for you to get through the legal system by:
- Providing a free consultation the first time you call us
- Answering any and all questions you may have
- Explaining your rights, responsibilities, and options under the law
- Helping you make important legal decisions
Click to contact our Drug Crimes Lawyers today
A Drug Crime Lawyer Can Protect You Against Drug Charges in Dallas
Randall Isenberg has worked in law for over 30 years: first as a prosecutor, then as a judge, and now as a drug crime defense lawyer. Now, he and the entire legal team at Law Offices of Randall B. Isenberg can apply that expertise to your drug crimes case.
Call us at (214) 696-9253 for a free consultation. We are proud to protect the rights of clients throughout the Dallas-Fort Worth area.