If you worked hard to obtain a commercial driver’s license (CDL) and have built a career as a commercial driver, a conviction can do more than put your commercial license in jeopardy. It can derail your entire career, make it difficult to support yourself and your family, and lead to jail or prison time. Fighting to save your career and lifestyle can be challenging on your own. With our help, you can do both.
Our Law Offices of Randall B. Isenberg team stands by you throughout your arrest, trial, or plea agreement process. When our commercial DWI lawyer in Dallas, TX, represents you, we fight hard to limit the damage of a conviction. If a violation of your rights or any other error on the part of the police or prosecutor makes it possible, we also fight to eliminate your potential conviction altogether.
Commercial DWI Conviction Can Threaten Your Livelihood
A driver in their private vehicle can be charged with DWI if their blood alcohol concentration (BAC) is tested at .08 or higher. As a commercial driver, you are held to a higher standard. According to Texas Department of Public Safety (TxDPS) guidelines, the acceptable BAC for CDL holders is .04 or higher. If you are convicted of this charge, the damage to your career can include:
- Being forced to stop working for a 24-hour period if you are found to have any trace of alcohol in your system
- Loss of your CDL license for a minimum of 1 year for refusing to have a BAC test or for leaving the accident scene
- Loss of your CDL license for at least 3 years if you are transporting hazardous materials
- Permanent loss of your CDL for a second DWI offense or conviction of a drug-related felony
When our team handles your defense, we fight for you to retain your driver’s license and protect your future. Our team challenges the calibration and accuracy of BAC testing equipment. We also make the state prove there was probable cause to arrest you in the first place. If there was not, or if police violated your rights, we leverage that information to build your defense and fight to have the case against you dismissed.
Your CDL Can Be at Risk in More Ways Than One
Even a temporary loss of your driver’s license can threaten your career. Did you know that as a commercial driver, your CDL can be in jeopardy even if you are convicted of a DWI while driving your private vehicle? The law in Texas prohibits drivers who are convicted of DWI from holding a CDL for at least a year.
Furthermore, penalties for a conviction tend to be more severe when drugs are involved in a DWI arrest. If you’re convicted of a DWI and you had more than just alcohol in your system, a drug crime lawyer in Dallas can be instrumental in leading your defense. Our drug crime attorneys are here to minimize penalties for DWI cases and other drug-related arrests.
We take your case and your livelihood seriously and help you fight to hold on to the credentials that allow you to drive for a living. We listen to the details of your arrest and build a solid case for you. Our team works hard to help you avoid losing your employment or suffering from other negative consequences of a commercial DWI conviction.
See What DWI Clients Say About Our Team
No one can tell you what it means to work with our responsive, supportive DWI defense team like clients we have helped in the past. When they talk about their experience, they say:
- “After getting deferred probation after my DWI, I’m more than happy to leave a positive review for the law offices of Randall Isenberg. Brittany and Randy really took care of me and gave me a second chance.” – Melissa
- “I was very pleased being able to work with your law firm on my unfortunate DWI case. I had some unplanned complications in my DWI case & the end results were very amazing…I felt I was truly with a dream team law firm in my situation.” – Jonny W
- “My husband was taken to jail after a field sobriety test, and I had…threats of being arrested myself…we asked around about the best DWI attorneys in Dallas, and Randall’s name kept coming up… we’re happy to leave a good review.” – Sarah
You can read about more client experiences on our testimonials page. We work hard to get the best outcome for every client we serve, and we will work just as hard for you.
Get the Right Legal Team for You
Fighting the personal and professional harm of a conviction can be challenging on your own. It can also make a troublesome situation even more stressful. When our commercial DWI lawyer defends you against a commercial DWI in Dallas, TX, we will:
- Explore possible plea agreements
- Read and review police reports
- Investigate your arrest report
- Locate and interview witnesses
- Locate available video footage
- Represent you at your ALR hearing
We also make sure you stay up to date on the progress of your case. Our Law Offices of Randall B. Isenberg DWI defense team does everything we can to help you fight the charges against you and preserve your CDL, career, and future.
How We Help You Fight Commercial DWI Conviction
Randall B. Isenberg spent more than 30 years as a former prosecutor and state district judge. This experience means he can help you build a defense that works in your favor. He can also help if you were arrested after a collision that led to charges of:
- Intoxication assault as defined by TX Penal Code Ch 49.07
- Intoxication manslaughter as defined by Texas Penal Code Ch 49.08
Our team can also assist you if your arrest involves any additional circumstances that might lead to elevated charges or sentence enhancements. We are committed to supporting our clients and standing by your side from the beginning of your criminal case until its conclusion.
Get a Free Evaluation of Your Case Today
Are you or a loved one fighting for your career and your freedom after being charged with a commercial DWI? A commercial DWI lawyer serving clients in Dallas, TX, can help you defend yourself and your livelihood. Contact one of our Law Offices of Randall B. Isenberg team members by calling us today.
Call or text (214) 696-9253 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form