If you or someone you love was arrested on DWI (driving while intoxicated) charges, you could face criminal and societal penalties upon conviction. A conviction could lead to the short-term or long-term loss of your driver’s license, societal and community stigma, and damage to your career. When our team represents you, we help you minimize the negative consequences of a conviction so that you can start rebuilding your life.
You do not have to face DWI charges or the damage they can cause to your personal, social, and professional life alone. Our team at the Law Offices of Randall B. Isenberg never stops fighting for you. When one of our DWI lawyers handles your case, we carefully examine the details of your arrest in Farmers Branch and negotiate plea bargains and sentence reductions that let you get back home to your family.
Get Our DWI Team on Your Side
When you face the possibility of a criminal conviction, you need a solid defense plan and a strategy for fighting the state for your future. Randall B. Isenberg has more than 30 years of experience from a career as a former prosecutor and state district judge. In addition, our team’s familiarity with Texas law means we can ensure:
- The prosecution meets their burden of proof, according to the TX Penal Code § 2.01.
- There was probable cause to stop your vehicle, according to the TX Code of Criminal Procedure § 14.03.
- The state tries your case within the allotted time, according to the TX Code of Criminal Procedure, Chapter 12.
Our team will also handle all communications, court filings, and legal paperwork on your behalf. We make sure you and your case get the time and attention you deserve and that we build the best possible defense for you.
Our Team Investigates Your Arrest
When we mutually agree to work together, our team investigates every aspect of your arrest and the circumstances that led to it. We look for details and legal inconsistencies with the law that may work in your favor. Our team will find out if you were:
- Stopped without cause
- Not informed of your rights
- Questioned without your lawyer
We make sure you understand the charges and penalties you face and our strategy for combating them. We will interview witnesses and look for available dashcam, residential, and commercial video footage that support your defense. We also challenge the calibration of any machinery and the accuracy of any results when testing your blood alcohol concentration (BAC). In short, we never stop fighting for you or for the best disposition of your case.
Our Team Fights for Plea Bargains
Where possible, our team will work hard to negotiate a plea bargain on your behalf. Plea bargains are effective, according to American Bar Association (ABA) guidelines, because both sides avoid the time, expense, and risk of going to court.
In the immediate and distant future, a background check might be requested by prospective employers and landlords or by institutions of higher learning. A plea agreement can protect your future and avoid serious blemishes on your criminal history that might impact subsequent background checks.
Results for DWI Clients in 2021
When DWI clients trust our team with their defense, we fight hard to negotiate plea agreements, reductions of charges, lighter sentences, and outright dismissals, where possible. Recent client results include:
- DWI reduced to an obstruction of roadway
- DWI 2nd reduced to an obstruction of roadway
- Class A DWI 2nd reduced to a misdemeanor Class B
- Class A DWI 2nd .14 blood reduced to a misdemeanor Class B
- DWI .15 BAC deferred probation
- DWI 3rd (DWI) probation
- DWI completed the VET program, and the case was dismissed
- DWI dismissed motion for speedy trial granted
Our DWI lawyers understand the importance of protecting your present and your future. When you trust an attorney from our firm with your defense in your Farmers Branch DWI case, our entire team in the Law Offices of Randall B. Isenberg fights for you.
Criminal Penalties for DWI in Texas
Driving while intoxicated (DWI) in Farmers Branch is a serious crime with serious penalties and possible penalty enhancements. Even an underage driver can be charged with DWI versus DUI, at the discretion of the arresting police officer and circumstances of their arrest. Potential penalties include:
- First-Offense DWI – up to 6 months incarceration
- Second-Offense DWI – up to a year of incarceration
In addition, the state’s sentencing guidelines allow the court to request higher sentences according to certain factors of your arrest and BAC results. Possible sentence enhancements include:
- DWI with BAC of 0.15 or higher – charges increase from Class B to Class A misdemeanor
- DWI with an open container of alcohol in your car – charges increase from Class B to Class A misdemeanor with jail time
- DWI accident that caused injuries – charges increase from misdemeanor to felony
In addition, if you are convicted of DWI that led to an accident, you will never be able to have your record sealed. This, alone, is a reason to hire our DWI defense team to help you fight hard against a criminal conviction and preserve your good name.
A DWI Conviction Has Far-Reaching Effects
A conviction for DWI can damage your reputation in the community and professional field and lead to the loss of your driver’s license. An inability to drive can make transporting yourself and your family costly and inconvenient. In addition, if you or someone you love is convicted of DWI, you face the possibilities of:
- Being unable to obtain certain types of employment
- Difficulty obtaining your preferred housing options
- Lack of access to government funding for higher education
Our DWI defense team can help you limit the damaging toll these post-conviction factors can have on you and your family. We work hard to ensure you have the opportunity to rebuild your life and work toward a brighter future.
Get a Free Evaluation of Your DWI Case
Were you or someone you love arrested on a DWI charge? Our lawyers, who represent clients in Farmers Branch, can help you build a solid defense, arrange a plea bargain, or negotiate a lighter penalty. Contact one of our team members with the Law Offices of Randall B. Isenberg by calling (214) 696-9253 today