When you are charged with misdemeanor or felony domestic violence, the consequences can be permanent and life-changing. Texas takes family violence charges seriously, and penalties can include thousands of dollars in fines and decades in prison. These severe penalties make it especially vital to mount a vigorous defense that pursues the best possible outcome for your future.
You do not have to manage the stress of this high-stakes process alone. A domestic violence lawyer from our firm is ready to help protect your rights in Frisco. Our initial case assessments are always free, confidential, and available any time, day or night.
Why Choose Law Offices of Randall B. Isenberg
Criminal defense attorney Randall B. Isenberg has more than 30 years of experience in this field. His work as a former prosecutor and judge has left him uniquely positioned to build a strong case for your defense. He and the rest of our team know what strategies the other side is likely to bring to the table, and we will make sure you are prepared to protect yourself against them.
Hear what it’s like to work with our firm in our previous clients’ Google reviews:
- From Arnold Carrigan: “There’s a reason Randall Isenberg was listed among the ‘Best Lawyers in Dallas’ by D Magazine. He truly is at the top in his field. Having true representation by a former state district judge, with all his experience, was worth every penny I spent on my defense.”
- From Christopher Lindsey: “The Isenberg law offices are filled with professionals who take every case and client seriously, as if they’re going up to bat for their own family members. Our family will look only to Isenberg whenever we need a great lawyer.”
- From Derek Kirkendoff: “If I could rate the Isenberg Law Firm higher than 5 stars, they would be the highest amount of stars available.”
Our team is ready to show you the same level of compassion and fight to have your charges dropped or reduced. We’ve outlined some of the services we offer below.
How a Domestic Violence Lawyer from Our Firm Can Help
Our firm represents defendants of all backgrounds, including both first-time and repeat offenders. We can help with your defense by:
- Fighting for your rights: We can assert that the charges you face stem from a false accusation or that the incident was accidental or constituted self-defense.
- Collecting evidence: We can use independent investigators and analysts to credibly demonstrate your side of the story in court.
- Ensuring accountability: We will force the government to meet the strict burden of proof necessary for conviction.
- Reducing sentencing: We can help you sign up for counseling, anger management, and related services as necessary to demonstrate to the court that you are willing to make positive life changes.
- Negotiating a plea deal: Randall B. Isenberg knows how to leverage the details of a case to negotiate a fair and equitable plea agreement.
If a criminal conviction would jeopardize your professional license, our firm can help navigate those disciplinary complications for you, as well.
A Track Record of Success
The results of our firm’s past family violence cases speak for themselves, with many of the charges either being dismissed entirely or reduced to misdemeanor charges or probation. In 2020 alone, we secured the following results for our clients:
- 7 dismissals of family violence charges
- 5 conditional dismissals of family violence charges
- 2 reductions in family violence charges
- 4 cases of deferred probation for family violence charges
We can put that history of excellence to work for you and provide you with the compassionate defense you deserve.
Domestic Violence Charges in Frisco, TX
Under Texas Family Code § 71.003, Texas law defines domestic violence as an assault or other violent action threatened or carried out against any of the following:
- Blood relative
- Current spouse/significant other
- Former spouse/significant other
- Co-parent or foster parent
- Foster child
Domestic violence can be classified as either a felony or misdemeanor. Each of these charges leads to different penalties for domestic violence upon conviction. A domestic violence lawyer from our team can help you understand the charges against you in Frisco and build a strong defense that advocates for your rights.
For a free legal consultation with a Domestic Violence Lawyer serving Frisco, call (214) 696-9253
Misdemeanor Domestic Violence
Incidents involving the threat of violence or minor contact are usually charged as misdemeanors. The possible penalties for misdemeanor domestic violence in Texas include:
- Up to 1 year of incarceration
- A fine of up to $4,000
Frisco Domestic Violence Lawyer Near Me (214) 696-9253
Felony Domestic Violence
If the allegation against you involved a serious injury or the use of a weapon, you will likely face felony charges. These charges can be amplified if the incident involved a child or threatened the life of the victim. The possible penalties for felony domestic violence in Texas include up to 99 years in prison and a fine of up to $10,000, depending on the severity of the charge.
Click to contact our Domestic Violence Lawyers today
Other Penalties for a Domestic Violence Conviction
As the State Bar of Texas outlines, all domestic violence convictions are added to the defendant’s permanent record, and they are never eligible for sealing or expungement. This can make it difficult to find future employment, win custody of your children, and receive certain government licenses like those associated with hunting, fishing, or gun ownership.
Defending Against Domestic Violence Charges
If you or a loved one is facing domestic violence charges in Frisco, our team could use several strategies in your defense. Every case is unique, but common defense strategies for domestic violence include:
- Defense of a third party
- Accidental violence
- Mistaken identity
- False accusation
Our team can review the details of the accusation and the evidence being used against you in a complimentary case assessment. If you decide to move forward with us as your representatives, a domestic violence lawyer from our team can help you choose the most appropriate defense for your circumstances.
Call Law Offices of Randall B. Isenberg Today for a Free Consultation
If you or a loved one was charged with domestic violence in Frisco, we may be able to help. Our firm is passionate about providing defendants with the robust, compassionate defense they deserve. Call Law Offices of Randall B. Isenberg today at (214) 696-9253 for a free case evaluation.