Texas maintains stiff laws regarding marijuana, and you can be charged with driving while intoxicated (DWI) if law enforcement officers determine you are impaired. Whether they use your own admissions, chemical test results, or the observations of a police officer, a prosecutor may seek to impose jail time, fines, and other legal penalties upon you.
An effective attorney is the greatest line of defense between you and these undesirable outcomes. Hire a Hurst DWI marijuana lawyer from the Law Offices of Randall B. Isenberg, a firm that fights daily to protect the rights and futures of clients charged with DWI in Texas.
How a DWI Marijuana Charge in Hurst Could Affect Your Life
There is a great divide between how many Texans view marijuana and the legal penalties you face when a law officer determines you’ve driven after ingesting or smoking marijuana. Texas law leaves no doubt: A DWI marijuana charge is a big deal.
The legal penalties you face for driving under the influence of marijuana are the same as if you were charged with an alcohol-related DWI. The Texas Department of Transportation (TDOT) explains that a first-offense DWI charge can result in:
- A $2,000 fine
- Up to 180 days in jail (and a minimum of 3 days)
- 1-year suspension of your driver’s license
If your record includes a prior conviction for DWI, a second DWI conviction can trigger:
- A $4,000 fine
- Between 1 month and 1 year in jail
- 2-year suspension of your driver’s license
The penalties become even stiffer for a third DWI conviction, as potential legal sanctions include:
- A $10,000 fine
- Between 2 and 10 years imprisonment
- 2-year suspension of your driver’s license
While these legal penalties are attention-grabbing, the secondary effects of a marijuana-related DWI conviction in Hurst may be even more damaging. Should you be convicted of a DWI and suffer the legal penalties that come with a conviction, you may also:
- Lose your job (and possibly your career)
- Lose custody of your children
- Be evicted, either because you cannot earn enough to pay your rent or mortgage or because of the conviction itself
- Suffer several other personal, financial, and professional problems because of your DWI conviction
While many do not realize the cost of ingesting marijuana while driving or being falsely accused of doing so, the consequences are steep. Fortunately, a DWI lawyer from the Law Offices of Randall B. Isenberg can help you.
Why Those Facing Marijuana DWI Charges in Hurst Turn to Our Firm for Help
When someone suddenly finds themselves facing a DWI charge (and, in certain cases, additional charges) related to marijuana, they could use a lawyer to guide them through the legal trouble. Every day, the attorneys at the Law Offices of Randall B. Isenberg work to help clients with DWI charges get:
- Reduction of the DWI charge to a lesser offense
- Not-guilty verdicts
Attorney Randall B. “Randy” Isenberg is a former Senior Chief Felony Prosecutor and State District Trial Judge with over 30 years of legal experience. He understands the motivations and tactics of prosecutors and judges, and he uses his firsthand experience on his clients’ behalf.
As our client, we guarantee you:
- A personalized defense: Each marijuana-related DWI case presents different facts, evidence, and challenges. We will develop a defense that is specific to your case, including a target outcome best for you.
- Consistently responsive service: We understand that a DWI charge can cause great anxiety, and we’ll make sure you’re aware of how we’re developing your defense. Our team will remain in frequent contact until the conclusion of your case.
- The full support of our firm’s resources: From our attorneys to paralegals, experts, and financial resources, we will put the full power of our firm behind your defense.
You can view our case results for even more assurance. We have successfully defended many clients in circumstances like yours. As our record shows, we know how to put forth an effective legal defense to a marijuana DWI charge.
Our Former Clients Describe the Client Experience in Their Own Words
We have received many reviews from grateful clients who we helped overcome DWI charges in Texas. One example shows what clients appreciate about our legal team:
- “A felony conviction would have destroyed my lifelong ambition to teach kids. Randy was able to get my Felony DWI reduced to a misdemeanor and I was able to retain my teaching certificate and continue on with my passion! I owe everything to Mr. Isenberg and all his Staff!” – Unnamed former client
People make mistakes, and sometimes law enforcement officers are overzealous in their approach. Whatever the details of your case are, our team wants to help you surpass this bump in the road and move forward with your life.
Hurst DWI Marijuana Lawyer Near Me (214) 696-9253
How Our Lawyers Will Work to Help You Avoid a DWI Conviction in Hurst
Our team will review the details of your arrest and, along with you, determine the outcome we will pursue. For some clients arrested for DWI, we seek to dismiss the charges. We may do this when:
- Law enforcement officers engaged in inappropriate or unsound behaviors
- A client has not committed the offense they’re charged with
- There is not enough evidence to prove your guilt
- Other circumstances make a dismissal appropriate
In other instances, we seek to reduce the charges. If you made a mistake and ingested marijuana before driving, and there is evidence you did so, lessening your charge may be our goal.
The services we provide may depend on the goal we establish, but our team is prepared to:
- Pursue any evidence that benefits your defense
- Hire experts to aid in your defense
- File all appropriate motions, including a motion to dismiss the case against you
- Negotiate a plea agreement with the prosecutor trying your case in Hurst
- Defend you at trial if necessary
With a legal resume as long as ours, we know that every DWI case can throw unexpected hurdles your way. With our legal team representing you, we can overcome any challenge you face.
Click to contact our DWI Marijuana Lawyers today
Call the Law Offices of Randall B. Isenberg Today for a Free Consultation
Hire a Hurst DWI marijuana lawyer from our firm as soon as possible. We will use all the time you provide us to craft your defense in Hurst. A prosecutor is likely already building the case to convict you, and we want to start building your defense today.
Call the Law Offices of Randall B. Isenberg today to speak with our team and retain our services in Tarrant County.
Call or text (214) 696-9253 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form