Commercial truck drivers in Texas face a low-tolerance policy regarding driving while intoxicated (DWI). You may lose your commercial driver’s license (CDL) and suffer even more severe consequences if convicted, so now is the time to retain an attorney you can trust.
The Law Offices of Randall B. Isenberg will provide a commercial DWI lawyer in Little Elm. Our team knows that mistakes happen—both by truck drivers and law enforcement officials. We’ll work to minimize the harm you face because of a commercial DWI charge.
What Is at Risk in a Little Elm Commercial DWI Case?
As part of your training, you likely learned that commercial truck drivers have a lower alcohol threshold at which they can be arrested for DWI. While the general public can be arrested if they have a blood alcohol concentration (BAC) of .08, truck drivers will face a DWI charge if they have a BAC of .04% or greater.
Texas law dictates that, even though truck drivers have a lower threshold for a DWI charge, they face the same legal penalties for a commercial DWI conviction. Per the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT), those penalties include:
For a First DWI Conviction
- Between 3 and 180 days in jail
- A fine of up to $2,000
For a Second DWI Conviction
- Between 1 month and 1 year in jail
- A fine of up to $4,000
For a free legal consultation with a Commercial DWI Lawyer in Little Elm, call (214) 696-9253
For a Third DWI Conviction
- Between 2 and 10 years in prison
- A fine of up to $10,000
Any commercial DWI conviction will trigger the suspension of your CDL for at least one year. Some drivers arrested for a commercial DWI in Little Elm—especially a second or third DWI—may lose their CDL permanently.
Little Elm Commercial DWI Lawyer Near Me (214) 696-9253
If You Suffer a Conviction, Legal Penalties Will Only Be the Start of Your Troubles
Jail time, prison time, multi-thousand dollar fines, a conviction on your record, and the loss of your CDL will cause hardship. In addition to these legal penalties, being convicted of a commercial DWI in Little Elm may:
- Stain your employment record, harming your chances of getting work
- Affect your personal reputation
- Affect you negatively in child custody proceedings and other legal matters
- Cause you financial difficulty
- Contribute to emotional and psychological problems
A commercial DWI lawyer from the Law Offices of Randall B. Isenberg will fight to help you avoid these consequences.
Why Drivers Facing Commercial DWI Charges Turn to Our Firm
Those facing serious criminal charges in Texas know that they can rely on the Law Offices of Randall B. Isenberg. Some compelling reasons to hire our firm for your commercial DWI case include:
- Our case results: Our firm routinely represents those facing DWI charges in Texas, including commercial DWI cases. Our case results show a pattern of getting charges reduced and dismissed, preserving our clients’ futures in the process.
- Our attorneys’ experience: Attorney Randall B. Isenberg leads a team of attorneys with relevant experience in criminal defense. Isenberg’s background as a former prosecutor and trial judge lends our team a unique perspective. When developing the strategy for your case, we’ll consider what the prosecutor may be thinking.
- Our familiarity with commercial DWI cases: Cases like yours present unique challenges and considerations. We know the law as it pertains to commercial DWIs in Texas, as we’ve helped others avoid commercial DWI convictions. However, we also have the presence of mind to navigate unique hurdles in your case.
The Law Offices of Randall B. Isenberg has been defending our clients for more than 30 years. We will prioritize your case and provide the legal defense that you deserve.
Click to contact our Commercial DWI Lawyers today
Testimonials from Former Clients Show Why Those Facing DWI Charges Trust Our Firm
Our firm’s testimonials explain what it means to be our client:
- “THE BEST REPRESENTATION. The Isenberg team are truly an outstanding group of professionals. They were honest with me from the beginning about my case being a difficult case but, they were going to try their best. They absolutely did their best and more.” – Armando, former client
The Law Offices of Randall B. Isenberg will use all of our resources on your behalf as we fight for a similar positive outcome in your case.
How We Will Seek a Positive Outcome to Your Commercial DWI Case in Little Elm
We manage every aspect of our commercial DWI defenses, including:
- Examining the legitimacy of your traffic stop and arrest: There are non-negotiable rules for stopping, questioning, and arresting a commercial driver. If there was any error in the manner that you were stopped or arrested, it may affect the outcome of your case.
- Determining whether to seek a dismissal, plea bargain, or not-guilty verdict: We will base our strategy on the unique details of your case, including breath test results, blood test results, and other considerations.
- Negotiating with the prosecutor handling your case in Little Elm: If a plea bargain is even a remote possibility in your case, we’ll negotiate with the prosecution. As a former prosecutor, attorney Isenberg knows what motivates prosecutors to settle, and he’ll press for the best deal for your situation. You will have the final say over whether to accept or decline a plea offer.
- Defending you at trial, if necessary: If we proceed to court to defend you from a commercial DWI charge, our team will present a strong case on your behalf.
You are entitled to a capable legal defense, no matter the circumstances that led to your arrest. We’ll fight to protect you from the threat of a commercial DWI conviction.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Call the Law Offices of Randall B. Isenberg Today to Discuss Your Case
When you learn of a commercial DWI charge against you, hiring a lawyer is the first thing you should do. Our team will maximize the time you provide us to prepare your defense in Little Elm. We’ll actively seek evidence to benefit your case, put together a strategy, and prepare you for what lies ahead.
Call the Law Offices of Randall B. Isenberg today to discuss your defense.