Probation Violation Lawyer in Denton

If you are facing probation violation accusations, your freedom is on the line. You lose quite a few legal rights after a probation violation; however, you do retain the right to legal representation. Let a probation violation lawyer in Denton help you defend against these accusations.

The Law Offices of Randall B. Isenberg offers free consultations for probation violation clients in Denton. Call us today at 214-696-9253 for help.


Why Do I Need a Probation Violation Lawyer?

If you fail to follow the requirements of your probation agreement, the court will likely invalidate your agreement and any freedoms it granted you. This can end with you serving the maximum sentence allowable under the Texas statutes.

You can defend yourself against a probation violation; however, it is easier for the prosecution to prove a probation violation than it was to prove you committed the original crime you received probation for. If the prosecution can prove by a preponderance of the evidence that you violated your probation, you might end up behind bars.

Do you know how to successfully defend yourself against probation accusations? If not, you might want to discuss your case with a Denton probation violation attorney.

A probation violation lawyer like attorney Randall Isenberg understands the intricacies of the Texas probation statutes and how best to protect your remaining legal rights.

Depending on the details of your case, our legal team will craft a strategy for your defense and represent you at your probation revocation hearing and every other aspect of your case.

With more than 30 years of experience navigating the criminal justice system as a judge, prosecutor, and criminal defense attorney, Randall B. Isenberg brings a depth of knowledge to your case, working tirelessly to protect you and your future.


How Do I Know Whether I Violated My Probation?

In your original probation agreement, the court set forth the terms and conditions with which you must comply. Probation terms often include:

  • Drinking
  • Doing drugs
  • Getting arrested
  • Leaving the county or state without permission
  • Failing to report to your probation officer (PO)
  • Failing/refusing a drug test
  • Not maintaining gainful employment
  • Failing to perform community service
  • Failing to attend mandated education courses
  • Moving without notifying your PO

Failure to comply with any of these terms is a probation violation.


What Happens After a Probation Violation in Denton?

Once the court issues a Motion to Revoke or Adjudicate, it will generate a warrant for your arrest. After taking you into custody, the police will hold you until your hearing if you had a suspended sentence agreement.

If you had a deferred adjudication agreement, the court may consider releasing you on bond.

Our legal team will work to get you out of custody until the date of your hearing whenever possible, and then get to work on negotiating with the court to get a new probation agreement in place.

If you suspect you may have violated your probation agreement, contact us as soon as possible. If our legal team can get ahead of the situation, we may even succeed in convincing the court not to file a motion to revoke or adjudicate.


What If the State Convicts Me for Violating My Probation?

The exact penalties for a probation violation in Denton depend on the nature of your original conviction and the terms of your original agreement with the court.

If you got straight probation (also known as community supervision), you likely accepted a plea bargain from the court. In other words, you agreed to plead guilty or no-contest and, in exchange, the court suspended some or all of your sentence.

If you violate straight probation, your community supervision officer will direct the court to revoke your agreement. The court will schedule a violation hearing, during which the judge will hear evidence. If the prosecutor can prove you violated your plea agreement, the judge will order you to serve out your full sentence.

If the court agreed instead to give you a deferred adjudication agreement, this means that you neither plead guilty nor received a verdict in your case. Instead, the judge agreed to postpone your trial and give you the opportunity to complete specific requirements within a defined time period. If you complete the obligations, the court typically drops the charges against you.

If you do not fulfill these obligations, the court will issue a Motion to Adjudicate. You must then attend a hearing and enter a plea regarding your probation violation. If the prosecutor supplies the judge with a preponderance of evidence to prove your violation, the judge will render a guilty verdict and you will serve the maximum possible sentence allowed by the statutes.

When you enlist the help of the Law Offices of Randall B. Isenberg, you will have a probation violation lawyer to build the strongest possible case and represent you at your hearing. More importantly, our legal team will first work with the prosecutor and the court to potentially avoid a hearing and renegotiate the terms of your suspended sentence or deferred adjudication agreement.

In that case, you may have additional requirements to satisfy the terms of the agreement, but it may also help you avoid serving time behind bars.


Meet with a Probation Violation Lawyer in Denton at No Cost

Before you make any decisions that could send you to jail, contact the Law Offices of Randall B. Isenberg today.

We offer a no-cost, no-obligation consultation, which allows you to meet with a Denton probation violation lawyer. You can get answers to all your questions and ensure that you understand your options. Call us today at 214-696-9253 for more information.

Need Legal Representation ? We Can Help You Build a Defense Send us a message below and one of our staff members will get back to you as soon as possible.