Facing serious criminal charges and the penalties they typically carry can make building a strong defense difficult and stressful. On your own, defending yourself can even be daunting. When you trust your case to a Duncanville criminal defense lawyer at the Law Offices of Randall B. Isenberg, our entire team helps you fight back.
When you work with our team, we help you challenge the charges against you, conduct a thorough investigation, and carefully examine and scrutinize the evidence against you. We will also interview you, any witnesses against you, and any witnesses who support your version of events. We never stop fighting for you and the best outcome of your criminal case.
Texas Imposes Severe Criminal Penalties
Because the state takes criminal activity seriously, it imposes strict penalties upon conviction. Per Texas Penal Code Title 3, Chapter 12, a criminal conviction can lead to penalties for misdemeanor convictions of up to a year of jail time and $4,000 in fines. Misdemeanors are relatively minor crimes in most cases.
The penalties for a felony conviction are much harsher and can include:
- State Jail Felony: Up to 2 years of incarceration and up to $10,000 in fines
- Third-Degree Felony: Up to 10 years of imprisonment and up to $10,000 in fines
- Second-Degree Felony: Up to 20 years of imprisonment and up to $10,000 in fines
- First-Degree Felony: Up to 99 years of imprisonment and up to $10,000 in fines
Crimes charged as felonies are the most serious offenses. A felony conviction can lead to incarceration, significant fines, and being branded as a convicted felon when applying for jobs, apartments, or certain occupational licenses.
Attorney Randall B. Isenberg has 30-plus years of experience as a former prosecutor and state district judge. He understands how prosecutors develop cases and what they do to get convictions.
This experience enables him to build your defense and identify any police actions during the arrest and interrogation process that may work in your favor. He can also work with the state’s prosecutor to mitigate your charges, limit their potential consequences, and help you get back to your life, family, and career.
Our Team May Help Minimize Criminal Penalties and Everyday Effects of Conviction
Understanding the severity of the charges you face can be overwhelming. When we represent you, we work hard to minimize these damages or have the charges against you dismissed whenever possible. To help build your defense and minimize or possibly avoid conviction, our team may:
- Read and review arrest and police reports
- Interview the state’s witnesses and supporting witnesses
- Investigate and challenge the state’s evidence against you
- Negotiate lesser charges and sentence reductions
- Protect your rights throughout this process
We’ll also make sure the state takes timely action in your case. Texas Code of Criminal Procedure Articles 12.01 and 12.02 define the state’s time limits for bringing certain charges against you. We’ll make sure you do not have to fight criminal charges the state failed to prosecute on time. These and other legal avenues give us leverage in your defense.
If we can get charges dropped, clear your name, or lessen the severity of the charges you face, this can also reduce the lasting effects of this ordeal on your everyday life. A misdemeanor conviction is much easier to explain or clear from your record than a felony, and having no conviction show up on a background check is even better.
Criminal Defense Cases Our Team Will Help You Fight
When we represent you, our team handles your case with compassion and without judgment. We will need you to provide us with as much information about the case and what happened as possible. We will work with you to understand the best options based on the case against you. We help defend clients facing these and many other misdemeanor and felony charges:
- DWI-related offenses
- Domestic violence charges
- Drug-related crimes
- Physical assault cases
- Murder charges in various degrees
- Weapons-related offenses
This list is in no way all-inclusive. If the criminal case you are battling is not on this list, you can speak to us about it during your free consultation. The best way to find out how diligently our team works for you is by browsing our website or reviewing your case with one of our team members.
We may be able to represent you in almost any kind of case in Duncanville. If the police want to speak with you about a crime, have a warrant for your arrest, or have arrested you on criminal charges, our team is here for you. We can represent your best interests and advocate on your behalf at any point during your case, including:
- During initial interrogations by law enforcement
- Immediately following your arrest
- During your first court appearance
- At your arraignment
- During other court appearances
- At trial
- After your trial
You can connect with our team as soon as you recognize you may need us or following the arrest of your family member. You do not have to fight allegations or charges on your own. We are here for you, and we know what it takes to get the best possible outcome in your case.
Working with Our Criminal Defense Team Serving Duncanville, TX Has Advantages
Trying to understand the state’s case, relevant laws, required legal filings, and possible penalties on your own can be challenging. Depending on a public defender who has to worry about dozens of other cases and has little time to manage yours is not usually the best idea if you can avoid it. You deserve a criminal defense attorney who can focus on advocating for you and protecting your reputation and future.
With our team is on your side, we handle all the legal aspects of your case, including:
- Explaining state and local laws
- Examining the state’s evidence
- Negotiating beneficial plea deals
- Clarifying the charges against you
- Reviewing your options for defense
- Clarifying possible penalties and fines
Our team at the Law Offices of Randall B. Isenberg can also review any plea offers the state makes and keep you informed as your case progresses in Duncanville. Your criminal defense lawyer will help you concentrate on rebuilding your life while we focus on building your defense.
Criminal Allegations Can Do Serious Damage
Criminal charges can be embarrassing and a lot to take in, even if they are not followed by conviction. This is true because an arrest in and of itself carries a stigma that can be hard to overcome. An arrest can mean:
- Embarrassment in social settings
- Isolation in your local community
- Damage to your employment or career
- Strained relationships with family and friends
Our team works hard to provide the support you need in multiple areas. We want you to do more than limit the potential criminal damage – we also want you to thrive in your social settings and workplace environment. We strive to support the whole client and fight for a second chance for you.
We are here for you as a person, not just as someone potentially facing criminal charges or a conviction. We want to see the best possible outcome for you and your family despite the circumstances you are currently in concerning the allegations against you.
Duncanville Criminal Defense Lawyer Near Me (214) 696-9253
See Why Criminal Defendants Seek Out Our Law Firm
We love earning referrals from satisfied clients. Men and women whom we represented in the past share recommendations and endorsements that tell you about their outstanding experience working with our client support team. Some of them say:
- “Great lawyer and great staff, they were very helpful in my legal issue. I would recommend Mr. Isenberg to anyone looking for a criminal attorney.” – Naveed Uddin
- “There’s a reason Randall Isenberg was listed among the ‘Best Lawyers in Dallas’ by D Magazine. He truly is at the top in his field.” – Arnold Carrigan
- “Thanks, Randall, for getting my charges reduced… I’ll be happy to refer your law firm to anyone wanting an outstanding attorney.” – Erick Major
- “Randall B. Isenberg, P.C. Law Firm got me an acquittal! I thought at best my charges would be reduced… Thank you so much for rescuing me.” – Jennie Green
- “The Isenberg law offices are filled with professionals who take every case and client seriously, as if they’re going up to bat for their own family members.” – Christopher Lindsey
Our criminal defense team believes everyone deserves opportunities to improve their lives. We fight as hard for you to have that opportunity as we have for clients we represented in the past.
We have a history of handling many types of criminal defense cases. During our initial consultation, we can discuss our previous cases similar to yours and the strategies we used to create a successful defense.
Call One of Our Criminal Defense Team Members Today
Are you or someone you love facing the possibility of a criminal conviction in Duncanville? You do not have to fight these charges alone when you have a criminal defense lawyer from the Law Offices of Randall B. Isenberg on your side.
Get a review of your criminal case by contacting one of our team members today.