Whether you are facing criminal charges for alleged theft, assault, drug possession, or any other crime, a conviction’s legal and non-legal consequences can be severe. A Dallas criminal defense lawyer from the Law Offices of Randall B. Isenberg can evaluate the details of your charges and fight for the best possible legal outcome.
You have a legal right to obtain counsel from the moment of your detainment or arrest. No matter what criminal charge you face, our firm’s Dallas criminal defense attorney will lead your defense.
Our Criminal Defense Practice Areas in Dallas
Our Dallas, TX, criminal lawyers provide legal representation to those facing criminal charges. We understand the gravity of every legal situation and want to help you move past this stressful time.
While we focus on many different criminal defense practice areas, some specific case types we handle include:
Driving While Intoxicated (DWI)
Facing DWI charges in Texas? You could face possible jail time, hefty fines, suspension of your driving privileges, loss of reputation, and other consequences. When you work with a Dallas DWI lawyer from our team, they will determine whether law enforcement officials conducted your traffic stop, sobriety test, and arrest properly or whether the evidence against you warranted a criminal charge.
Assault and Battery
Under Texas Penal Code §22.01, you could be facing a misdemeanor charge if you face allegations of causing bodily injury to another person (or making threats). However, your charge may rise to a felony depending on your situation—particularly if the alleged assault was against:
- A pregnant person
- An on-duty security officer, public servant, contracted government worker, or member of emergency personnel
- A family or household member
We also handle sexual assault defense in Dallas. Do not take any risks when it comes to your future. A Dallas County assault lawyer from our criminal law firm will work hard to have the charges against you dropped or reduced.
In Texas, anyone caught possessing a controlled substance can be subject to criminal charges. Depending on your situation, you could be facing a misdemeanor or felony charge. Factors determining the severity of your criminal charges include the amount and type of drug allegedly found in your possession.
Drug-related crimes are serious and can be difficult to understand. A Dallas drug crime lawyer from the Law Offices of Randall B. Isenberg will form a plan of action for your defense.
A Dallas drug possession lawyer can raise questions regarding your arrest that could affect your case as a whole. For instance, if law enforcement officers pulled you over without probable cause, one of our criminal defense lawyers may argue that your arrest was illegal.
The Law Offices of Randall B. Isenberg – Your Dallas Criminal Defense Lawyer
Few decisions are more critical than which criminal defense attorney to hire—especially when you face serious charges. Choosing a lawyer who lacks credentials, relevant experience, familiarity with Dallas County, or a service-based mentality could prove catastrophic.
With the Law Offices of Randall B. Isenberg leading your case, you will not doubt that your lawyer is fighting for your best interests. Clients in Dallas choose our criminal defense law firm because:
- Attorney Randall Isenberg is a former prosecutor and state district judge, which lends him valuable insight as a criminal defense lawyer
- Our firm has an ever-growing list of impressive cases resulting in a wide variety of criminal defense cases (including criminal cases in Dallas)
- We have extensive experience leading criminal trials and will never encourage you to settle unless it is in your best interest
- Our primary office is in Dallas, and we are very familiar with the criminal courts in and near Dallas
Our personnel, financial resources, and expert networks often benefit our clients. If you seek a law firm with a strong reputation among former clients and a proven track record of successful defense, hire your Dallas criminal defense lawyer from the Law Offices of Randall B. Isenberg.
Dallas Criminal Defense Lawyer Near Me (214) 696-9253
Avoid Losing Your Dallas Criminal Case
Mount an aggressive defense to avoid losing your case and the potentially severe consequences that come with it. A conviction can result in significant criminal penalties, including prison time. It is essential to enlist the help of an experienced criminal defense attorney who can provide a strong and strategic defense on your behalf.
To maximize your chances of success, avoid doing the following that may make you lose your criminal case:
- Talking to the police without legal representation: It is important to exercise your right to remain silent and avoid incriminating yourself. Anything you say to the police can be used against you, so refrain from making any statements without the presence of your attorney.
- Failing to gather evidence: Evidence is crucial in building a strong defense. Failing to collect and preserve evidence that supports your innocence or undermines the prosecution’s case can weaken your defense strategy. Work closely with your attorney to ensure all relevant evidence is identified and properly presented.
- Ignoring court deadlines and requirements: The legal process is governed by strict deadlines and requirements. Failing to meet these obligations can result in the exclusion of evidence or other adverse consequences. It is crucial to stay organized, follow court instructions, and meet all deadlines.
- Discussing your case openly: It is essential to maintain confidentiality and avoid discussing your case with anyone other than your attorney. Loose talk or publicly sharing case details can potentially harm your defense by providing ammunition to the prosecution or undermining attorney-client privilege.
- Failing to hire an experienced criminal defense attorney: Attempting to navigate the complexities of the legal system without proper legal representation is risky. A skilled and experienced criminal defense attorney understands the nuances of Dallas criminal law, knows how to challenge evidence, and can develop a strong defense strategy tailored to your case.
By avoiding these pitfalls and working closely with your criminal defense attorney, you can significantly improve your chances of success in your Dallas criminal case. Remember, securing an aggressive defense and avoiding these mistakes is crucial to protecting your rights and achieving the best possible outcome.
Your Right to Legal Representation in a Dallas Criminal Case
When facing legal issues in Dallas County, whether they’re related to juvenile crimes, violent crimes, white-collar crimes, or any other criminal offense, it’s crucial to understand and exercise your constitutional right to legal counsel. The United States Constitution guarantees every individual the right to legal representation in criminal cases, ensuring a fair and just legal process.
The right to legal representation is enshrined in the Sixth Amendment of the U.S. Constitution, which states that “In all criminal prosecutions, the accused shall enjoy the right to… have the Assistance of Counsel for his defense.” This means that if you’re facing criminal charges in Dallas, you have the right to be represented by a competent criminal defense lawyer.
From the moment you become aware of the charges against you, seek the assistance of an experienced criminal defense attorney in Dallas, and in an initial consultation, you can discuss the details of your case and gain a better understanding of the potential consequences you may face. A skilled attorney from Dallas can explain the wide range of legal options available to you and help you make informed decisions.
Your legal counsel will ensure that your rights are protected at every stage of the legal process, including investigation, pre-trial negotiations, courtroom proceedings, and potential appeals. Remember, the burden of proof lies with the prosecutor. They must prove beyond a reasonable doubt that you’re guilty of the offense. Don’t hesitate to reach out to a reputable criminal defense attorney for guidance and representation.
What Our Criminal Defense Lawyers in Dallas Can Do for You
You should not have to become a legal expert to defend yourself against criminal charges. Working with a Dallas criminal defense lawyer from our team gives you access to our experience, resources, and legal services. Some of these services include:
- Investigating your case and gathering all relevant evidence
- Negotiating pre-trial agreements to keep your case from going to court
- Addressing any questions or concerns you have during the legal process
- Advising you on your options as you undergo a trial
- Handling all of the day-to-day legal responsibilities
- Leading all case-related communications
- Representing you at trial, which may be necessary if we do not receive a fair plea agreement
- Filing an appeal if necessary
Your freedom, and possibly much more, may be at stake. Let a Dallas criminal defense attorney from the Law Offices of Randall B. Isenberg shield you from a conviction and help you move forward with your life.
Potential Legal Penalties in Dallas, Texas
When you are accused of a criminal offense in Texas, you could face either a misdemeanor or felony charge. Both levels of charges can have a significant negative effect on your life, and that’s why you need a Dallas criminal defense lawyer on your side.
There are many possible charges you could be facing in Texas. In order of seriousness, ranging from minor to severe, they include:
- Class C misdemeanor
- Class B misdemeanor
- Class A misdemeanor
- Third-degree felony
- Second-degree felony
- First-degree felony
- Capital felony
Each of these charges correlates with different consequences. For instance, if you are charged and convicted of a Class C misdemeanor, you could face a fine of $500 with no jail time. If you are charged and convicted of a first-degree felony, you could face life in prison.
A Dallas Criminal Conviction Can Change Your Life
Whether you are facing a misdemeanor or felony, the effects of a criminal conviction can have far-reaching implications on many aspects of your life. Should you suffer a conviction, you could face difficulties when:
- Applying for a loan or other forms of financial assistance
- Seeking employment or education
- Attempting to obtain custody or visitation rights for a child
- Applying for housing
Having your criminal record accessible on the internet could also impact your relationships and social standing. Depending on your conviction, you may not be able to expunge the offense from your record or conceal the specifics of your offense from public view.
With this information in mind, you should consider what working with a Dallas criminal defense attorney can do for you.
Timeline of the Average Criminal Defense Case in Dallas
Our criminal defense clients often question how the legal process will unfold. Trust that your criminal attorney at the Law Offices of Randall B. Isenberg will explain every step in the criminal justice process so you always know what lies ahead.
The criminal justice process generally goes as follows:
Click to contact our Criminal Defense Lawyers today
Click to contact our Criminal Defense Lawyers today
We use discovery to understand the case against our clients. Understanding the evidence and witnesses the prosecutor plans to use will help us form your legal defense.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Following discovery, we will be ready to negotiate a potential plea deal. Jury trials come with various risks, so we always explore any deal a prosecutor is willing to offer.
During plea negotiations, we may convince the prosecutors to reduce or drop the charges against you. After meeting with us and listening to our presentation of the case’s facts, prosecutors may realize that the charges against you are inappropriate or not nearly as strong as they believed.
We may convince the prosecutor or a judge to drop your charges. We may instead secure a favorable plea bargain after the prosecutor reduces the charges against you.
During a trial, both the prosecution and our defense team will present our respective cases. This process may involve introducing physical evidence, witness testimony, and expert testimony.
During our meetings with you before the trial, we will decide whether it is in your best interest to testify. If so, trust that we will prepare you thoroughly before you take the stand.
Even after the trial begins, we may continue to negotiate a plea agreement, which could end the trial immediately.
A Judge or Jury Will Deliberate
After both sides present their cases during the trial, the case will go into the deliberation phase. This means that either the judge or the jury will review and consider all the information presented during the trial, eventually rendering a verdict.
If the jury or judge finds you guilty of any charges, you will receive sentencing, usually during a different court hearing. We may appeal a guilty verdict, hoping to receive a different verdict from a higher court. However, we plan to avoid a conviction and secure a favorable legal outcome.
Call the Law Offices of Randall B. Isenberg to Discuss Your Defense
When you need a criminal defense lawyer in the Dallas-Fort Worth area, hire a criminal defense firm with a reputation and results you can trust. Attorney Randall Isenberg and the rest of our legal team work long hours on our client’s behalf, and we’re only satisfied if we achieve the best possible outcome for you.
Call the Law Offices of Randall B. Isenberg today to discuss how we can help. If you wish, we will start your defense today.