Everyone deserves a fair legal defense from a Dallas criminal defense lawyer, no matter their charges. Child abuse charges are serious, with potentially life-changing consequences. Even if you know you are innocent, you want a comprehensive legal defense to defeat these charges and protect your reputation and freedom.
A child abuse lawyer from the Law Offices of Randall B. Isenberg will handle your high-stakes legal case in Dallas. Our team will investigate your charges, formulate a strategy for your defense, and stand by you at every stage of your case. What’s more, we offer free consultations where you can discuss your situation with our legal team and learn more.
Our Lawyers Have Unique Insight into the Dallas Criminal Justice System
Even if the charges against you are baseless, you should take these allegations seriously. Although you’re innocent until proven guilty, with an allegation as hefty as child abuse, law enforcement officials, the judge, and the jury may have their minds already made up. So, you want a robust legal defense from the very beginning.
With the Law Offices of Randall B. Isenberg, you don’t get a run-of-the-mill defense. You may consider entrusting our team with your case because:
- Attorney Randall B. Isenberg has several decades of experience in Texas’ criminal justice system. Before he started getting “not guilty” verdicts for his clients, he was a judge and county prosecutor. He knows what tactics the prosecution may use and how to counteract them.
- We work with experts (such as child psychologists) who understand the signs of child abuse to build your defense.
- We have successfully defended many clients in Dallas (and throughout Texas) from child abuse charges. Every month, we get acquittals for clients facing seemingly insurmountable allegations.
You can review our firm’s case results to see how we fight for our clients’ best interests daily.
How a Child Abuse Attorney from Our Team in Dallas Can Help
You don’t want to be represented by a public defender while facing child abuse charges. These lawyers juggle dozens of cases at once, hoping to get one case over with so they can move on to the next. Some clients don’t even meet their lawyer until their first day in court.
The Law Offices of Randall B. Isenberg creates a tailor-made legal defense when we take on your child abuse case. Our criminal defense attorneys:
- Offer immediate legal advice about your case, which can help you make informed decisions
- Help you get out of jail, post bail, or deal with initial hearings
- Help you find the resources you may need to better your life outside of the court system
- Build a defense case intended to minimize the effects of a conviction on your life or get your charges dismissed entirely
- Prepare you for any statements you must give in court or on the record
- Stand by your side in court appearances and at trial
Our legal team is available to answer your questions and update you on the progress of your case throughout our partnership.
The Benefits of Entrusting Your Future to Our Criminal Defense Attorneys
There are many differences between being charged with a crime and convicted of a crime. Perhaps the biggest one is that while you’re facing charges, you still have the chance to safeguard your future. Once you’re convicted and sentenced, appealing the ruling can prove close to impossible.
When the Law Offices of Randall B. Isenberg represents you, we can:
- Examine the legal integrity of all evidence and charges against you
- Locate witnesses to testify in your defense, if possible
- Collect evidence in your defense and challenge false accusations
- Coordinate a plea deal or reduced sentence if dropped charges are not possible
Throughout this process, your child abuse lawyer in Dallas, TX, can discuss your case and its possible outcomes with you confidentially, so that you can feel informed about the decisions you make.
Our Dallas Law Firm Implements Tailor-Made Legal Defenses
The details of your situation inform our case strategy. We consider your criminal record, the charges you face, and the state’s evidence against you when determining how to proceed.
We may defend you against pending charges by arguing that:
- There is a valid explanation for any bodily injury the child suffered other than abuse.
- Someone else may have been responsible for any physical injury the child suffered.
- You could not have been responsible for the alleged abuse.
- Allegations of abuse from a child or another adult have been fabricated, perhaps by an adult with an ulterior motive.
- There is insufficient evidence to prove the child suffered physical abuse, sexual abuse, emotional abuse, or any other form of abuse being alleged.
Your Dallas criminal defense lawyer does everything in their power to combat the charges you face and restore your quality of life.
What Constitutes Child Abuse in Dallas?
Texas Family Code § 261.001 reports that sexual abuse, physical abuse, emotional abuse, and other types of alleged abuse can lead to criminal charges in Texas. Bodily injury, mental injury, and other results of abuse can also factor into the charges an alleged abuser faces.
Another form of child abuse is neglect––when children suffer bodily injury, mental injury, or other harm because adults fail to provide basic care. Texas’ criminal justice system handles child abuse and neglect allegations seriously. Not to worry; our child abuse attorneys take your charges just as seriously.
The Consequences of a Child Abuse Conviction Merit a Strong Defense
Child abuse is a significant criminal offense, and Texas issues strict penalties for those convicted. For instance, if you’re convicted of a second-degree felony, you could face between two to 10 years in prison, along with a fine of $10,000. Other offenses, including child sexual abuse, could require you to register as a sex offender for the rest of your life, per Texas Penal Code § 62.
There are many individual offenses related to child abuse and neglect in Texas, some of which are misdemeanors and others that are felonies. Depending on the specific charges you face, penalties could include:
- Prison time
- House arrest
- Substantial financial fines
- Mandatory registration as a sex offender
- Other legal consequences
The legal penalties you face may only be the first wave in the fallout from a child abuse conviction in Dallas. Even if the prosecutor offers a plea deal, and you plead guilty to the lesser crime of child endangerment, that will remain on your record indefinitely.
Non-Legal Consequences of a Child Abuse Conviction in Dallas
If a court deems you guilty of a child abuse-related offense, legal penalties may only be the beginning of your problems. A conviction may also:
- Compromise custody of your children
- Cause you to lose your job and make it difficult to secure future employment
- Cause difficulty in obtaining housing in the future, particularly if you are a renter
- Cause interpersonal problems with your friends, prospective romantic partners, and others
Mere reports of child abuse can harm your reputation, and we’ll work hard to disprove the allegations against you. A Dallas child abuse lawyer from the Law Offices of Randall B. Isenberg can defend you against serious charges and the devastating consequences of a conviction.
Call About Hiring Our Child Abuse Lawyers Serving Dallas
Facing child abuse charges can be overwhelming, but you do not need to do it alone. When you partner with a Dallas child abuse lawyer from the Law Offices of Randall B. Isenberg on your case, you gain an immediate advocate in your corner.
Call now to discuss your next steps.