If you or someone you love was arrested for domestic violence and is at risk of the harsh penalties of a conviction, our Dallas criminal defense lawyer can help. When you call on our Law Offices of Randall B. Isenberg team for legal support, we go to work on your case right away. A conviction for domestic assault can mean incarceration or imprisonment. It can also cause community and professional embarrassment for you and your family.
Whether you have an order of protection against you or face first or subsequent domestic violence charges, we can help. Our team can work out mutually beneficial plea bargains that let you avoid the stress of a trial and eliminate the most severe penalties. When you are ready to protect your reputation, career, and future, we are ready to stand by your side.
Working with Our Domestic Violence Lawyers has Advantages
Being charged with domestic violence against a family member or someone in your household can devastate your life. It can derail your career and leave a permanent blemish on future background checks. When our domestic violence defense team takes on your case, we do the following:
- Handle all legal forms and filings
- Minimize negative consequences
- Work for a speedier resolution of your case
- Help prepare your testimony
- Examine the evidence against you
You are never alone when we represent you. If you are innocent of the charges against you, we help you establish and prove your alibi. We will also make sure you are updated as your case progresses and as we negotiate favorable plea agreements on your behalf. Our goal is to make sure you get the advantages of a plea agreement and avoid the time, stress, expense, and uncertainty of a trial.
Criminal Conviction Can Have a High Personal Cost
In Dallas, domestic violence is defined by TX Penal Code Ch 71.004. You can be arrested for domestic or family violence if you were accused of:
- An act of assault against a family member
- A threat against a family member
- Sexual assault against a family member
- Physical abuse on a child in your family
- Violence against a date
Convictions on felony charges can put your lifestyle and career in jeopardy. It can mean difficulty obtaining housing or mean you are ineligible for financial aid to reach your education and career goals. We fight hard to limit these life-changing consequences.
Factors That Mitigate Your Domestic Violence Arrest
Whenever we can, we try to have the charges against you dismissed. If police mishandled your arrest or the evidence against you, we use that information to your advantage. When we represent you, we also look for the following:
- Lack of probable cause for your arrest
- Failure to inform you of your Miranda rights
- Questioning you after you requested a domestic violence lawyer
In addition, if the victim has injuries caused because you were acting in self-defense, we help you prove those facts. If the alleged victim tells an inconsistent version of events, we can help you, the police, and the prosecutor get to the bottom of the incident. We leave no stone unturned in your defense and work hard to resolve your case in your favor.
Texas Takes Domestic Violence Charges Seriously
Defending yourself against any criminal charges can be daunting. When those charges involve allegations of domestic violence, they can be even more so. The allegations alone can mean social stigma and embarrassment. Additionally, according to Texas Politics Project guidelines, possible criminal penalties include:
- Class C misdemeanor: Fines of up to $500
- Class B misdemeanor: Up to six months in jail and fines of up to $2,000
- Class A misdemeanor: Up to a year in jail and fines of up to $4,000
- State jail felony: Up to two years in jail
- Third-degree felony: Up to ten years in prison
- Second-degree felony: Up to 20 years in prison
- First-degree felony: Up to life in prison
Each felony conviction can also mean fines of up to $10,000. Our domestic violence lawyer can help you fight back against these penalties in a Dallas courtroom or reach a plea bargain with the state that avoids a lengthy court case. Our Law Offices of Randall B. Isenberg team will listen to your version of the events that led to your arrest for details that help us build your defense.
See Why These Clients Trusted Our Law Firm
You do not have to represent yourself and fight charges of domestic violence on your own. Our team works hard to build a powerful defense for you and for every client we serve. With more than 30 years of previous experience as a prosecutor and state district judge, Randall B. Isenberg fights hard for you. Previous clients say:
- “It didn’t take me long to discover how hard the attorneys at his law offices were working. No doubt that I’m free today because of them.” – Gerrie J.
- “The Isenberg Law Offices are filled with professionals who take every case and client seriously, as if they’re going up to bat for their own family.” – Christobpher
- “I’m more than happy to leave a positive review…Brittany and Randy really took care of me and gave me a second chance.” – Melissa
- “I am so thankful for Mr. Isenberg and his team…call the Law Office Of Randall Isenberg…You will not regret it.” – Victor
- “If I could rate the Isenberg Law Firm higher than 5 stars, they would be the highest amount of stars available. Thank you again!” – Derrick K.
Every client we represent gets the individual time and attention they need – and so will you. Our client-oriented team focuses on the details of your case and helps you fight for an advantageous outcome.
Get Your Domestic Violence Lawyer Free Case Evaluation
Were you or a loved one charged with domestic violence in Dallas? Our domestic violence lawyer can help you avoid the state’s harshest penalties and get a chance to start over. Contact one of our Law Offices of Randall B. Isenberg team members at (214) 696-9253 today.