Lawrence G. Boyd is a lawyer of counsel at The Law Office of Randall B. Isenberg. He has his own private practice and limits his practice to that of criminal and drivers license suspension law, particularly administrative license revocation (ALR). **Not Certified by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization.**
(Member) born Dallas, Texas, November 1, 1953; admitted to bar, 1978, Texas; 1980, U.S. District Court, Northern District of Texas; 1992, U.S. Supreme Court. AV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell, 1998. Included in the LexisNexis 2008 edition of the Bar Register of Preeminent Lawyers (Note: Fewer than 5% of all law firms qualify and are included.)
He is a graduate of Trinity University in San Antonio (Class of 75) and a graduate of Southern Methodist University School of Law (Class of 78). He is an elected Member of the Board of Directors of the State Bar of Texas (2012-2015 term). He is a 25-year Member of the College of the State Bar of Texas. He is the author of Administrative License Revocation Manual, now available from Knowles Publishing. He is a frequent lecturer on criminal law topics. Following the May, 2018 DWI Defense Project, he will have spoken at ninety (90) seminars and CLE lunches. He will have served as Course Director at thirteen (13) seminars. He has represented defendants in over 3,700 ALR Hearings. He is a member of Texas Criminal Defense Lawyers Association (“TCDLA”). He was a co-chairman of the TCDLA DWI Committee from 2008 through 2012 and he served on the Board of Directors of TCDLA for three years (2011 through 2013). He was an Advisory Board member of the Dallas Bar Association (2012-2015).
- Trinity University (B.A., 1975)
- Southern Methodist University (J.D., 1978)
Professional Associations & Memberships
- Texas Criminal Defense Lawyers Association (TCDLA), Member
- TCDLA, Co-chairman of the TCDLA DWI Committee (2008-2012)
- TCDLA, Board of Directors (2011-2013)
- Dallas Criminal Defense Lawyers Association, Board of Directors (1992, 1994-1995, 1999-2000)
- Dallas Bar Association, Past Advisory Board Member
- College of the State Bar of Texas, Fellow
- Criminal Law
- Driving While Intoxicated (DWI)
- Drivers License Revocation (ALR)
- Criminal Trial Practice
- License Revocation, Texas Courtroom Publications (1999)
ALR Manual: A Practitioners Guide to Administrative License Revocation, Knowles Publishing, Inc. Fort Worth, Texas.
- Domestic Violence Misdemeanors Can Result in Federal Firearms
- Felonies, 27 Voice for the Defense, No. 8 (October 1998)(co- authored with J. Eric Reed and Sandra Reynolds)
- Representing Minors in the Age of Zero Tolerance’, 11 State Bar Section Report Juvenile Law, No 5 (December 1997)
- Representing Minors in the Age of Zero Tolerance’, 26 Voice for the Defense, No. 8, at pp. 18-20 (October 1997)
- Expunction of Arrest Records, 26 Voice for the Defense, No. 3, at pp. 10-21 (April 1997)(co-authored with Sandra Reynolds and April Smith)
- Administrative License Revocation, 24 Voice for the Defense, No. 6, at pp. 34-41 (July/August 1995)
- In Defense of the Court of Criminal Appeals as a Protector of Personal Rights and Freedom Guaranteed by the Constitution, Docket Call, March/April 1994 (published by Harris Co. Criminal Lawyers Assn.)
- Significant Recent Decisions and Emerging (Disturbing?) Trends Update, 21 Voice for the Defense, No. 5, at p.10 (July, 1992)
- Beware of Sitz-DWI Roadblocks Still Arent Legal in Texas, 20 Voice for the Defense, No. 3 at p.7 (Spring, 1991) (co-authored with John Goren)
- Beware of Sitz-DWI Roadblocks Still Arent Legal in Texas -Part 2, 20 Voice for the Defense, No. 4 (June, 1991) (co-authored with John Goren)
DWI Roadblocks, 17 Voice for the Defense, No. 7 (March, 1988)
- Hereditary Member, The New York State Society of the Cincinnati
- Accepted Life Member of the National Registry of Whos Who, 2001 Edition.
- Larry Boyd has spoken at over 80 Continuing Legal Education (CLE) Seminars throughout the State of Texas. He has received the highest AV Rating from Martindale-Hubbell.
Not Certified by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization