The Randall Blair Isenberg Alcohol Addiction Awareness Scholarship rewards one student who demonstrates a passion for raising awareness of alcohol addiction with a $500 scholarship for college.
As a former state district judge and chief felony prosecutor, Randall B. Isenberg has seen firsthand how alcohol addiction affects members of our community affected by alcohol addiction.
The National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism (NIAAA) estimates that, in 2015, more than 15 million U.S adults have Alcohol Use Disorder (AUD), diagnosed when an individual’s drinking causes distress or harm. Even more disturbing, NIAAA reports 1.3 million Americans age 12 to 20 reported heavy alcohol use over the past month. The NIAAA estimates that, each year, 20 percent of college students meet the criteria for Alcohol Use Disorder
The National Council on Alcoholism and Drug Dependence (NCADD) urges Americans to advocacy, and to open a dialog about alcohol addiction to raise awareness. Speaking out in your community, becoming an advocate for alcohol addiction awareness or even simply learning more about addiction is an important first step.
To that end, the Law Offices of Randall B. Isenberg offers the Randall Blair Isenberg Alcohol Addiction Awareness Scholarship to an individual who has demonstrated an outstanding commitment to raising awareness about alcohol addiction.
Who is eligible for the Randall Blair Isenberg Alcohol Addiction Awareness Scholarship?
This $500 scholarship is available to students who meet the following criteria:
- Currently enrolled in or formally accept to any accredited U.S. community college, undergraduate or graduate degree program. This includes incoming students who currently hold a high school diploma or GED.
- Scholarship candidates must possess a history of raising alcohol addiction awareness, as demonstrated by volunteer, educational, or professional experiences.
- Scholarship candidates must be in good academic standing with a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above.
How do you apply for the Randall Blair Isenberg Alcohol Addiction Awareness Scholarship?
To submit your application, please fill out and submit the form on this page. All applicants must include the following with their application:
- Current resume listing history of raising awareness of alcohol addiction. Please include the following:
- Description of service
- Service dates
- Contact information for organization with which you served, if applicable
- A 500-word essay in response to oneof the following questions:
- How does alcohol addiction affect young Americans today?
- What is the most effective way to raise awareness of alcohol abuse or addiction among young people?
- How do you plan to continue raising awareness of alcohol addiction while in college?
- A current transcript (unofficial) reflecting a cumulative GPA of at least 3.0.
Application deadline and instructions for the Randall Blair Isenberg Alcohol Addiction Awareness Scholarship
Applicants must submit their completed application using the form on this page. The official application deadline is March 15, 2018.
The winner will be notified via phone or email in May 2018.
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
For a complete list of terms and conditions click here.
*This page provides all available information about the Randall Blair Isenberg Alcohol Addiction Awareness Scholarship. Please read carefully before submitting your application, to ensure that your submission is considered. To ensure that we document all communications regarding the Isenberg Scholarships, we are unable to answer scholarship questions or inquiries by phone