Whether you face misdemeanor or felony charges, selecting the right criminal defense lawyer can help you preserve your rights and protect your interests. Attorney representation is a fundamental right, and it could help you avoid or minimize the harsh penalties of a conviction.
For help from a Fort Worth criminal defense lawyer, work with the legal team at the Law Offices of Randall B. Isenberg. With over three decades of experience in the courtroom, lead attorney Randall Isenberg has developed the skills and strategies to help defendants through any state or federal criminal case.
If you face criminal charges or are under suspicion of these charges, you can reach out to a Fort Worth criminal defense attorney for assistance. Our legal team will apprise you of your rights, protect those rights, and provide the defense allowed to you under the Constitution.
Reasons to Hire a Fort Worth Criminal Defense Attorney to Represent You
Most people do not fully understand how the criminal justice system works, what to expect when facing arrest, or how to fight their charges. The right defense lawyer can help you through the entire process, from criminal investigations and plea bargains to trials and appeals.
An arrest and conviction can significantly affect many areas of your life, including your social, emotional, and financial health. You do not want to leave it to chance when you are assigned a public defender or try to manage your case on your own. Having the right criminal defense team on your side can make a difference in your overall experience, and we know how to navigate this challenging process to make it easier for you.
The Office of the Texas Attorney General outlines the penalties associated with criminal charges in Texas. Depending on the circumstances of the alleged crime, you might face:
- Loss of driver’s licenses or professional licenses
- A tarnished criminal record
- Negative effects on your career and reputation
You don’t have to leave your future up to chance when you hire our firm. With a Fort Worth criminal defense attorney from our team acting as your legal representative, you can leave everything to us. We have the experience and knowledge to develop a strong defense based on the circumstances of your charges and arrest.
Our team provides representation, support, and information to build your case and pursue a better outcome for you, whether that is avoiding charges, getting the charges dropped, negotiating a plea deal or a reduced sentence, or taking another approach on your behalf.
Our Fort Worth Criminal Defense Team Will Defend Your Rights
The United States Constitution guarantees that every defendant facing criminal charges has access to legal representation. While this means you will be assigned a public defender if you cannot afford an attorney, you likely do not want to rely on this system unless you have to.
Our criminal defense lawyers will give your case the time and attention it deserves. We can step in and act as your advocate when you need us most.
When you work with us, our goal is simple: to provide superior legal counsel and representation, build a stonewall defense, and push for the best possible outcome for your case. As your legal team, we will:
- When possible, conduct an early investigation and try to get the state to drop your case before it has filed official charges
- Help you avoid doing or saying anything that could hurt your case
- Tell you what you are up against and what the potential penalties are
- Explain the bail process and refer your family to local resources
- Explore all possible defense strategies and create a promising plan of action
- Negotiate with the prosecutor for reduced charges or penalties
- File appropriate motions and appeals
- Keep you informed of your case’s status and explain your options
- Represent and guide you through any hearings
- Present your case in the best possible light by exposing any errors in the state’s case and fighting for your best interests in court
- Explore options for sealing or expunging your criminal record, where possible
We offer these services to every client we work with and tailor them to each specific case. We can go to work for you as soon as you or your family hires us to represent you. We often accompany our clients to interrogations and represent them in initial court appearances, and we may be able to shut down your case before it begins.
We Commit Ourselves to Collecting Evidence That Protects Your Interests
As part of your defense, your lawyer from the Law Offices of Randall B. Isenberg will collect evidence that supports a positive outcome in your case. We can collect evidence such as:
- Security or traffic camera footage
- Eyewitness testimony
- Statements from police or first responders
- Documents or artifacts related to the case
- Information from a private investigator
If you have any information about the case, we ask that you give it to us as soon as possible. We can better support you if we know all the case facts. This includes the truth about any involvement you may have had in committing a crime or who else was involved.
Our Criminal Defense Lawyers in Fort Worth Take Care of Clients Like You
When you retain one of our lawyers, you will communicate with them as much as you need. Our legal team is happy to answer your questions, speak with the authorities, and attend all meetings or hearings. You always have the legal support you need, and you can forward all questions about the case to our offices.
We can also connect family members to resources to help you. We understand the needs of those facing allegations, charges, and convictions and will work to make this stressful time as smooth and easy for you and your family as possible.
Cases Our Fort Worth Defense Attorneys Can Take On
Our team accepts all types of criminal cases in Fort Worth, from drug-related charges and battery to fraud and theft. Some of our key practice areas include:
- Drug possession
- Murder and assault
- Weapons-related offenses
- Family violence
- Probation violations
Once you hire us to take over your case, our team will start working on your defense right away. We know there is no one-size-fits-all defense, and we use the specific circumstances of your case to develop a strategy. Our team will fight for your reputation and freedom, so do not hesitate to reach out to our firm.
Every state has its own categorization of offenses. Misdemeanors are less severe than felonies, but they are still criminal charges that can disrupt your life. Regardless of severity, misdemeanor crimes can have penalties involving jail and steep fines. misdemeanors fall under the following categories:
- Class A: This category of misdemeanor is the highest level of misdemeanor. You could face up to one year in jail, a fine of up to $4,000, or both.
- Crimes that fall under this category include theft of property valued between $750 and $2,500 and possession of 2 to 4 ounces of marijuana.
- Class B: Class B misdemeanors can impose a fine of no more than $2,000, jail time for no more than 180 days, or both.
- Driving while intoxicated and stealing property valued between $100 and $750 all fall under this misdemeanor class.
- Class C: You could face a fine of up to $500 for this misdemeanor class.
- Crimes that fall in this class include theft of property valued up to $100 and certain forms of disorderly conduct.
If you have previously committed a crime, or if the crime occurred under certain circumstances, the charges are enhanced.
Fort Worth Criminal Defense Lawyer Near Me (214) 696-9253
Felony crimes are much more serious than misdemeanors, and they can also be enhanced depending on the circumstances of the crime or if this is a repeat offense. Felony categories are as follows:
- Capital Felony: This is the most serious felony class, as this could result in life in prison or a death sentence.
- First Degree Felony: If convicted of this type of felony, you can face 5 to 99 years in prison, or even life in prison. This felony could also levy a fine of up to $10,000.
- Second Degree Felony: Second-degree felonies can result in 2 to 20 years in prison and a fine of up to $10,000.
- Third Degree Felony: If convicted of a third-degree felony, you can face 2 to 10 years in prison, along with a $10,000 fine.
- State Jail Felony: With this felony conviction, you can go to jail for a minimum of 180 days to up to 2 years. This also has a potential fine of $10,000.
Like misdemeanors, felony crimes may be enhanced. There are many crimes that fall under these felony classes, and we encourage you to reach out to see if we are the right firm for you. You deserve a compassionate and dedicated criminal defense firm, no matter what the circumstances are.
Building the Best Legal Defense for Your Fort Worth Criminal Case
The best defense strategy for criminal charges varies from case to case. When we represent you, we will evaluate your situation and determine your options. Sometimes, we can challenge how law enforcement handled your case. We may consider questions like:
- Did officers obtain evidence via an unlawful search and seizure?
- Did they read you your Miranda rights?
- Did officers coerce you?
If we identify that law enforcement made errors or violated your rights, we might be able to get the evidence thrown out or compel the state to drop your case. In other situations, we may negotiate with the state and get you into a Tarrant County diversion program or obtain a plea bargain deal to avoid trial.
If the case does go to a jury trial, our criminal defense attorneys in Fort Worth will enter the courtroom fully prepared with a defense, present your case with all the evidence we uncovered, and seek the best possible outcome. We may be able to offer evidence that creates doubt for jurors, meaning they cannot reach the burden of proof to convict you. Alternatively, we may be able to reach a deal for a reduced sentence on your behalf.
We Can Help You During a Trial or After a Conviction of Criminal Charges
During a trial or after a conviction, our criminal defense lawyers will still offer the same support you have grown accustomed to. We will argue your case vigorously before the court, advise you of your rights, and prepare you for any criminal proceedings. You can count on our team to fight for you from the day you hire us until you no longer need us.
After a criminal conviction, we will appeal until we exhaust our legal options, if necessary. In some cases, we can help you clear or seal your criminal record after completing your sentence. We will also look into civil rights restoration information through the U.S. Probation Office so you can get back to a normal life after you have served your sentence.
Choosing the Right Firm for Your Criminal Defense Needs
Selecting a defense lawyer is a huge decision. There is a lot on the line, and you want to retain a lawyer who knows how to handle your type of case. You likely want to work with someone who has the drive and knowledge to represent you effectively. After meeting with your criminal defense attorney from the Law Offices of Randall B. Isenberg for the first time, you should feel they are competent to handle the task at hand.
Randall Isenberg, our founding attorney, has received numerous awards and recognition for his work in criminal defense throughout his 30+ years of service. As a former prosecutor and former judge, he has first-hand insight into a criminal case’s various perspectives. He knows how prosecutors function, where their weaknesses lie, and how to bargain with them. He is also:
- Listed in Martindale-Hubbell’s Bar Register of Preeminent Lawyers
- Included in “Texas Super Lawyers” and “Top Texas Lawyer” lists
- Board Certified in Criminal Defense by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization
- Certified as a Criminal Defense Advocate by the National Board of Trial Advocacy
- A regular TV commentator for local and regional criminal justice issues
You are welcome to read over some of our recent case results to find out what our team has been able to do for previous clients. We can often help our clients avoid charges, obtain a dismissal, bargain for a Tarrant County probation program instead of imprisonment, and successfully reduce the charges to a lesser criminal offense. We want to be the law firm for you.
Speak to a Criminal Defense Team Member Today for Free
To help potential clients, our firm provides complimentary, no-obligation case assessments before we begin. You can contact our office 24/7 for immediate assistance.
After reviewing your case, our team can explain how best to move forward with your defense and take immediate action on your behalf if you decide to hire us. If you are facing criminal charges in Fort Worth, don’t wait to seek legal representation. Contact the Law Offices of Randall B. Isenberg today to secure your defense. Se habla español.