A charge of intoxication manslaughter could result in decades in prison and life-changing fines. Your entire life could be affected by criminal charges. Our Austin, TX intoxication manslaughter lawyer can defend you.
Choose the Law Offices of Randall B. Isenberg to represent you. We can explain how the laws in Austin impact your case and ensure you are updated throughout the legal process. We have experience handling intoxication manslaughter cases like yours.
How the Law Offices of Randall B. Isenberg Will Fight Your Intoxication Manslaughter Case
Our Austin DWI lawyer will handle every aspect of your defense. Our duties in an intoxication manslaughter case generally include:
- Determining any evidence against you: We will determine what evidence the prosecution has against you, if any. Such evidence will be an important factor in the target outcome for your case.
- Seeking evidence and potential flaws in the prosecution’s statements: If any evidence suggests that you are not guilty of the intoxication manslaughter charge, we will obtain and consider that evidence. Such exculpatory evidence could become the centerpiece of your defense.
- Setting a legal strategy: After considering all relevant details and evidence, we’ll create a clear strategy for your defense.
- Handling plea negotiations: If a plea bargain could be an acceptable outcome, attorney Isenberg will represent you in negotiations with the prosecution.
- Mounting your defense at trial: If your case proceeds to trial, we’ll seek a not-guilty verdict from the jury.
Each case is unique. Throughout several decades defending clients, attorney Isenberg has adapted to the challenges that each case poses. We will adapt to the challenges of your case, fighting for a fair outcome.
Why a Lawyer From Our Firm Is Capable of Defending You From an Intoxication Manslaughter Charge in Austin
The Law Offices of Randall B. Isenberg offer a unique value proposition. Attorney Isenberg has a background as a prosecutor and trial judge, giving him unique experience he can use in an intoxication manslaughter case.
You may choose Randall B. Isenberg and his team to lead your defense in Austin because:
- We have defended clients facing charges like yours for more than 30 years
- Isenberg’s background as a prosecutor and trial judge provides a unique perspective to your case
- We have achieved many noteworthy case results, including dismissals, favorable plea bargains, and not-guilty verdicts
- We will fight relentlessly to help you avoid a conviction
Our record speaks for itself. Attorney Randall B. Isenberg understands what is at stake in your case, and will fight for a fair result on your behalf.
What an Intoxication Manslaughter Charge in Austin, TX Means
In Texas, you may face a charge of intoxication manslaughter if:
- You were operating a car, SUV, truck, watercraft, airplane, or other motorized vehicle
- You caused an accident that resulted in someone else’s death
Texas Penal Code § 49.08 states that the death has to result “by reason of that intoxication” in order for you to be convicted of intoxication manslaughter. A DWI lawyer in Austin can answer any questions you have about the technical aspects of your criminal charges.
Austin Intoxication Manslaughter Lawyer Near Me (214) 696-9253
Potential Consequences of an Intoxication Manslaughter Conviction in Austin
Defendants in criminal cases must be fully aware of the consequences that could come from a conviction.
Texas Penal Code § 49.08 grades intoxication manslaughter as a second-degree felony. If convicted, potential legal consequences for the crime include:
- Imprisonment for up to 20 years
- Fines of up to $10,000
- License suspension
If you technically qualify for a charge of intoxication manslaughter, the prosecutor in Austin may pursue the maximum legal penalties. You do not have to stand up against these charges on your own. Our team will consider the unique circumstances of your case, as our defense may vary depending on such details.
For some clients, we seek a dismissal of the charges they face. For others, reducing the charges to a less serious offense may be a more appropriate strategy. We will provide clear, honest advice, but you will have an important voice in how we approach your defense.
Click to contact our Intoxication Manslaughter Lawyers today
Non-Legal Consequences That May Come With a Conviction in Austin
Legal penalties are only part of the consequence of an intoxication manslaughter conviction in Austin. The non-legal consequences of a conviction could impact your life in several ways.
If you are convicted of intoxication manslaughter, you could also face:
- Professional harm and financial stress: The typical employer may not stick with you following an intoxication manslaughter conviction, especially if you must go to prison. Upon release from prison, you may have great difficulty finding well-paying jobs because of your conviction.
- Difficulty finding housing: A conviction could be held against you in virtually every feature of your life. Landlords and mortgage brokers may consider your felony conviction, which could affect your ability to get quality housing.
- Mental health troubles: The financial and personal difficulties of your conviction could cause mental health issues.
- Loss of your reputation: A conviction for intoxication manslaughter will affect how many people view you, causing permanent harm to your reputation.
Our experienced intoxication manslaughter lawyer in Austin may help you avoid these life-changing consequences. Attorney Randall B. Isenberg has helped many clients facing DWI charges, including those related to a fatal accident. Isenberg and his team can develop a legal strategy specific to your case and circumstances.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Call the Law Offices of Randall B. Isenberg Today To Discuss Your Intoxication Manslaughter Defense in Austin
Do not wait to hire an intoxication manslaughter lawyer for your case in Austin, TX. We will use all of the time that you provide us to develop your defense. Let our team help you avoid facing your charges alone.
Call the Law Offices of Randall B. Isenberg today. We can listen to the details of your case and explain how you can get started.
Call or text (214) 696-9253 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form