You may face an assault charge because of a verbal confrontation, physical interaction, or merely false allegations. Whatever the circumstances that led to your assault charges, a Rockwall criminal defense lawyer from the Law Offices of Randall B. Isenberg can help you move past this challenging period.
When you’re seeking a lawyer, consider their success rate, familiarity with the justice system in Rockwall, and reputation among former clients. Our law firm checks all of these boxes. We secure “not guilty” verdicts for our clients on a monthly basis. We also offer free case evaluations where you can explore your options.
Why Hire Your Rockwall Assault Lawyer From Our Criminal Defense Firm?
Whether you’re facing misdemeanor or felony charges, assault allegations can cause lasting harm. Your only strategy should be to mount the strongest defense possible, and in doing so, securing the best outcome. But how can you do this? By hiring an experienced criminal defense attorney from our firm.
Consider the following:
- Our attorneys offer unique experience: Attorney Randall B. Isenberg is a former State District Judge, County Criminal Court Judge, Assistant District Attorney, and Chief Felony Prosecutor. Educated as a lawyer in Dallas and Houston, Attorney Isenberg has unique insight when defending clients in Rockwall.
- We’re constantly adding to our case results: Your defense attorney should have impressive results in assault cases like yours—like we do. We have achieved many dismissals for clients facing criminal charges, and we’re always adding to the list of positive case results.
- Our attorneys treat each case like their loved one is on trial: You’ll quickly realize that your criminal defense attorney is heavily invested in your defense. When we agree to fight your assault charge, we take the responsibility extremely seriously. We will fight for the best possible legal outcome based on your unique circumstances.
When you’re charged with assault in Rockwall, your defense becomes priority number one. Let a law firm with a long track record of dismissals and not-guilty verdicts—the Law Offices of Randall B. Isenberg—lead your defense.
How Our Rockwall Criminal Defense Team Will Fight for You
Your Rockwall assault attorney will manage every detail of your defense. Our duties will include:
- Seeking exculpatory evidence: We will pursue any evidence that suggests you’re not guilty of the assault charge filed against you.
- Dissecting the case against you: Our team will determine what evidence the prosecution has (or doesn’t have) against you. This allows us to poke holes in their defense and strategize.
- Identifying the target outcome for your case: Once we have weighed the evidence in your case, we’ll honestly assess the ideal outcome. No two defendants face the same circumstances, so we’ll develop a personalized strategy for your assault defense.
- Negotiating a plea bargain (if it’s a suitable option for you): Sometimes, a not guilty verdict isn’t possible. Still, that doesn’t mean you have to accept your charges. We may negotiate with the prosecutor for lesser charges, which could result in fewer fines and less jail time.
- Representing you at trial: Going to court is nothing like the courtroom dramas you’ve seen on TV. They’re very procedural matters with a lot of behind-the-scenes red tape––nothing our law firm can’t navigate.
We are always honest with our clients, as it is their futures that are at stake in assault cases. You will have the final say when it comes to how we proceed, but you can trust our team to advise you based on our legal experience and sincere concern for your future.
We Shield You From the Penalties of an Assault Conviction in Rockwall
Legal penalties for an assault conviction vary significantly based on your specific charges. The Texas Penal Code lists simple assault, domestic assault, and other variations of assault charges that will affect the legal penalties you face.
Your Rockwall assault attorney from our team will discuss the details of your charges and how we may lessen your assault charge to one with less severe legal consequences. Ideally, we will secure a “not guilty” verdict, so you can put this challenging period behind you.
Personal Injury Lawyer Near Me (214) 696-9253
Penalties for Misdemeanor Assault in Texas
Some assaults are classified as misdemeanors. For instance, if you are accused of making verbal threats or recklessly (but unintentionally) hurting another person, you may face a misdemeanor assault charge. Penalties for such charges may include:
- Class A misdemeanor: Up to 1 year in prison and a fine of up to $4,000
- Class B misdemeanor: Up to 6 months in prison and a fine of up to $2,000
- Class C misdemeanor: A $500 fine
A judge may have discretion to impose other legal penalties, such as anger management courses, community service, or probation.
Click to contact our Lawyers today
Penalties for Felony Assault in Texas
Some criminal offenses, including assault bodily injury, are felony crimes. Penalties for such serious offenses may include:
- Third-degree felony: Between 2 and 10 years in prison and a fine of up to $10,000
- Second-degree felony: Between 2 and 20 years in prison and a fine of up to $10,000
- First-degree felony: Up to life in prison and a fine of up to $10,000
As with misdemeanor assault cases, a judge may impose additional or alternative legal penalties. However, your takeaway should be that legal penalties for an assault conviction can be life-altering—depriving you of your freedom, costing you money you may not be prepared to pay, and indefinitely sullying your reputation.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Call Our Criminal Assault Lawyers Today to Discuss Your Case in Rockwall
The consequences of an assault conviction range beyond the legal penalties. You may lose your job, face custody problems, and endure other hardships if you fail to overcome these charges. Our criminal defense lawyers understand the monumental stakes of your case, and we’ll defend you with all our resources and legal might.
Call the Law Offices of Randall B. Isenberg to discuss hiring a Rockwall assault lawyer who will fight for your best interests.