Texas imposes severe penalties for assault charges, which can stem from little more than uttering a statement in passing. Thus, no matter who you are or the circumstances of your assault charge, you must take the legal process seriously. However, you can take a crucial step by hiring a Plano assault lawyer from the Law Offices of Randall B. Isenberg.
Our firm offers a proven track record of helping clients avoid convictions. We have extensive experience in criminal defense and a unique perspective that many other defense attorneys lack. Let our firm resolve your assault case in Plano.
What Sets a Plano Assault Lawyer From the Law Offices of Randall B. Isenberg Apart from Other Criminal Defense Lawyers?
Hiring the right law firm can have monumental benefits. For instance, your lawyer could help spare you from jail time, fines, reputational harm, and other consequences of a conviction. Conversely, choosing the wrong criminal defense attorney can be a devastating misstep.
You can be confident in your decision to hire a Plano assault lawyer from the Law Offices of Randall B. Isenberg because:
- Lead attorney Randall B. Isenberg has experience from all sides of the legal system: For more than 30 years, Randall Isenberg has occupied varied positions throughout Texas’ criminal justice system. He’s a former State District Trial Judge and Senior Felony Chief Prosecutor, meaning he understands how prosecutors and judges approach assault cases. Of course, he also has extensive experience as a criminal defense lawyer.
- We understand Texas’ assault statutes: Our firm understands the various penalties you face when accused of assault. In addition, we know the burden of proof for convicting someone of assault and the various defenses that apply in Plano assault cases.
- We expect to deliver for our clients: Criminal cases come with high stakes, including our clients’ reputations—and possibly their freedom, depending on the charges you face. Thus, when we accept your case, we intend to deliver the best possible legal outcome, which could be a dismissal of your charges, a not-guilty verdict, or a beneficial plea agreement.
We are constantly adding to the list of clients we’ve helped overcome serious criminal charges in Texas. A Plano assault lawyer from our team will attack your charges head-on, mounting a robust defense.
What Our Clients Say About the Law Offices of Randall B. Isenberg
Our firm is proud of the many glowing testimonials clients have written after achieving successful case results:
- “Mr. Isenberg handled an extremely complicated legal situation for my son requiring submission of a writ of habeas corpus, evidentiary hearing, and a plethora of Texas criminal court of appeals legal bureaucracy, procedures, and processes much of the general public is completely unaware of. His vast experience and expertise as a criminal defense attorney, prosecutor, and on the bench was instrumental in securing his freedom.” — Christopher Moore
- “I cannot recommend Mr. Isenberg and his team enough! I was completely overwhelmed and going through a very tough time in my life, which subsequently led to my arrest. Mr. Isenberg took the time to listen and to explain all of the potential outcomes of my case. What I respect most about him is his honesty and candor.” — Mary Jantz
We will show your case the same urgency and attention we provided for these clients and their loved ones.
Potential Legal Penalties for an Assault Conviction in Plano
We refer to Texas Penal Code § 22.01 to understand the high stakes of assault cases in Plano. Depending on the specific details of your assault charge, you may face the following:
- Jail time: Even a Class B misdemeanor conviction for assault can result in up to 180 days in jail. A Class A misdemeanor assault conviction could land you in jail for up to 1 year.
- Prison time: If you’re charged with a felony-level assault conviction, you may face between 2 and 99 years in prison.
- A significant fine: A misdemeanor assault conviction can lead to a fine of up to $4,000, while a felony conviction may come with a $10,000 fine.
Do not take “misdemeanor” to mean “not serious.” If a judge or jury finds you guilty, you face life-changing penalties that send a shockwave throughout every aspect of your life.
Plano Assault Lawyer Near Me (214) 696-9253
The Non-Legal Consequences of an Assault Conviction Can Be Devastating
In our experience, legal penalties are only the first wave of consequences with an assault conviction. The non-legal penalties may be just as consequential as the legal ones and could include the following:
- Lasting damage to your personal and professional reputation
- Loss of current and future employment opportunities
- Loss of romantic and personal relationships
- Psychological and emotional problems
- Severe financial problems
Our legal team understands the high cost of convictions. Thus, we will work to shield you from these consequences by securing the best legal outcome possible.
Click to contact our Assault Lawyers today
How a Plano Assault Lawyer From Our Team Will Defend You
When you hire an assault lawyer from our team, you allow us to lead your defense. We will assist you by:
- Quickly gathering evidence and facts related to the allegations against you.
- Identifying every defense that could apply to your case.
- Discussing realistic outcomes for your case and getting your perspective on how we’ll approach your defense.
- Completing all defense-related paperwork and communications.
- Negotiating with the prosecutor in your case.
- Determining whether to negotiate a plea agreement or proceed to trial.
- Defending your rights throughout the legal process.
Each case requires a personalized defense strategy, so we will develop one for you that prioritizes getting the best possible result.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Call the Law Offices of Randall B. Isenberg Today to Discuss Your Case in Plano
Time is of the essence when mounting a defense against an assault charge in Plano. A lawyer from the Law Offices of Randall B. Isenberg is ready to build your case today, and we’re just waiting to hear from you.
Contact the Law Offices of Randall B. Isenberg today to discuss the next steps in your defense.