Many Waxahachie residents are surprised to learn that a simple word, sentence, or nonviolent action can result in an assault charge. In addition, Texas imposes severe penalties for assault-related offenses. Thus, you might face lengthy prison time, fines you cannot afford, and permanent reputational harm if convicted of misdemeanor or felony assault.
A Waxahachie assault lawyer from the Law Offices of Randall B. Isenberg will defend you vigorously against any charges you face. Our firm understands Texas’ assault-specific statutes and has proven our value as defense attorneys who care for our clients.
Why Hire the Law Offices of Randall B. Isenberg to Defend You Against an Assault Charge in Waxahachie?
Hiring a Waxahachie criminal defense lawyer can make the difference between a conviction and a more positive outcome—whether a dismissal or an acceptable plea agreement. You may choose a Waxahachie assault lawyer from the Law Offices of Randall B. Isenberg because:
- We offer uncommon legal experience: Attorney Randall B. Isenberg is a former Senior Felony Chief Prosecutor and State District Trial Judge. He has served in Texas’ criminal justice system for more than 30 years, and this lengthy, varied experience affords our firm rare expertise that benefits our clients.
- We will always fight for your best interests: Our only concern is what’s best for you. Thus, we aim to help you avoid a conviction, protect your reputation, and help you move past the assault charge you face. So, we will discuss your expectations, review plea offers, and address every other detail of the legal process to ensure your satisfaction.
- We will prioritize your case: Our legal team understands the high stakes of assault cases. We know how tumultuous life becomes when you face a serious criminal charge. Therefore, we will work to resolve your case as efficiently and favorably as possible.
We are a decorated law firm recognized by several national institutions for our service to clients. Even with this acclaim, a Waxahachie assault lawyer from our team will provide compassionate, personalized representation. Every case is our most important case; yours will be no exception.
Know What Is at Stake and Hire a Waxahachie Assault Lawyer
Regardless of whether someone made a comment another person took out of context, or a person’s intentional acts caused another individual harm, you will face the same legal penalties under Texas law. Therefore, you must always take a criminal assault charge seriously.
Penalties for Misdemeanor Assault in Waxahachie
- Class C misdemeanor assault: A fine of up to $500.
- Class B misdemeanor assault: Up to 180 days in jail and a fine of up to $2,000.
- Class A misdemeanor assault: Up to one year in jail and a fine of up to $4,000.
A conviction may also cause secondary consequences, such as the loss of your job, loss of housing, and serious fallout in your personal life.
Waxahachie Assault Lawyer Near Me (214) 696-9253
Penalties for Felony Assault in Waxahachie
You face severer penalties if your assault offense qualifies as a felony, including the following:
- Third-degree felony assault: Between 2 and 10 years in prison and a fine of up to $10,000.
- Second-degree felony assault: Between 2 and 20 years in prison and a fine of up to $10,000.
- First-degree felony assault: Between 5 and 99 years in prison and a fine of up to $10,000.
In addition, a felony conviction will remain on your record for the foreseeable future and likely will cause substantial harm to your reputation and personal life.
Click to contact our Assault Lawyers today
We Will Tailor a Defense to the Circumstances of Your Assault Charge in Waxahachie
You have several possible defenses to an assault allegation, and we will identify the defense that best suits your unique circumstances. We may argue the following:
- You only resorted to assaultive action to defend yourself or others.
- You were justifiably defending your property.
- Your actions or words were in jest, and the “victim” had no reasonable grounds to believe you would cause them harm.
- You acted under duress.
- You were not in a sound mental state at the time.
However, we might find another more appropriate defense. Thus, we will rely on the defense we believe is most suitable in your case.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Why Hiring an Assault Lawyer Serving Waxahachie May Be the Right Decision
Our firm will make it our responsibility to resolve your pending legal issues. Many of our clients hire us for these reasons:
- We have resolved many criminal cases in Waxahachie, including assault cases that threatened our clients’ freedom, financial stability, personal relationships, and reputation.
- We are familiar with prosecutors and judges in Waxahachie, and this familiarity may allow us to formulate a sound legal strategy based on who oversees your case.
- Whenever you interact with a prosecutor or judge, you risk saying something incriminating. We will protect your rights throughout the legal process.
Many of our clients feel overwhelmed by the legal process. Therefore, they find it challenging to defend themselves. In addition, you might lack knowledge of Texas law and legal proceedings, which could hurt your case if you attempted to represent yourself.
Instead, let the dedicated criminal defense team at the Law Offices of Randall B. Isenberg fight for you.
Call the Law Offices of Randall B. Isenberg Today to Discuss Your Assault Defense in Waxahachie
Our client testimonials highlight a law firm that advocates for its clients and knows Texas’ criminal justice system inside and out. Our experience, legal training, and relationships in the Waxahachie justice system could significantly benefit you.
Having a Waxahachie assault lawyer on your side could provide peace of mind and lead to the legal outcome you hope to achieve. So, contact the Law Offices of Randall B. Isenberg today to discuss your case.