It’s reasonable to feel shame or embarrassment while facing assault charges in The Colony. In a tight-knit community like this, you want to do everything possible to protect your reputation and maintain your freedom. Yet, you might not know where to start. What’s more, even though you’re innocent until proven guilty, it sure might not feel that way.
If you’re facing assault charges, a criminal defense lawyer from the Law Offices of Randall B. Isenberg will lead your defense. An assault conviction can change your life as you once knew it. We do everything possible to secure an acquittal and help you move on. Today, you can learn more during your initial consultation.
Why Entrust Our Assault Lawyers With Your Criminal Defense Case?
When you partner with a lawyer, you entrust them with more than your case; you entrust them with their future. You may consider partnering with us because:
- We have a history of securing positive outcomes. Each month, we add to our record of successful results in assault cases. Our track record includes many dismissals and client-friendly plea agreements.
- Attorney Randall B. Isenberg has unique legal experience: Attorney Randall B. Isenberg is a former prosecutor and state district judge. This experience grants him special insight into how to defend clients effectively.
- We understand the high stakes of your criminal defense in The Colony: Our criminal defense team defends not just clients, but also their reputations and futures. Your assault lawyer will treat your case with the urgency and professionalism it merits.
Our law firm offers non-judgmental legal support in your hour of need. Whether this is your first or fifth criminal charge, you deserve comprehensive legal help.
Our Attorneys Combat Your Assault Charges
Both threats of violence and actual physical contact can lead to assault charges in The Colony—even if these allegations are baseless. The Texas Penal Code defines assault as:
- Intentionally, knowingly, or recklessly causing bodily injury to another person
- Intentionally or knowingly threatening someone with imminent bodily injury
- Intentionally or knowingly causing physical contact that another person would find provocative
- Intentionally touching another person to arouse or gratify a sexual desire
- Touching someone else’s clothing in an unwanted manner, including to expose their body
Assault charges can get subjective, especially if the prosecution’s case rests on “he said, she said” statements. Our team builds your defense using evidence, aiming for an acquittal.
We Employ a Criminal Defense That Meets Your Situation
We evaluate many factors of your situation when creating a criminal defense strategy. A major thing we look at is your criminal record. The state may impose more severe penalties on someone it considers a “repeat offender.” We also consider your age, mental capacity, and other elements when fighting for your future.
Afterward, we may allege that:
- You acted in self-defense. You have the right to protect yourself against threats of violence. We could use security camera footage and eyewitness testimony to assert this defense.
- The alleged crime doesn’t warrant assault charges. The police must use their discretion when making an arrest, and they’re not infallible. For instance, they may have arrested you for assault when really, it was an instance of disorderly conduct. In that situation, we could fight for a reduction in the charges that you face, resulting in fewer fines and jail time.
- The assault was unintentional. To be convicted of assault, the prosecution must show that you knowingly and intentionally wanted to hurt another person. Imagine a scenario where, at a football game, you jumped up while cheering and knocked someone over. Accidents are unfortunate, but they do not warrant assault charges.
Personal Injury Lawyer Near Me (214) 696-9253
Your Criminal Defense Attorney Shields You From These Penalties
The State of Texas does not take allegations of assault lightly. What may have been a one-off incident could haunt you for years to come, affecting your job prospects, custodial arrangements, and eligibility for housing.
Based on the severity of the alleged offense, including who was involved, you could face:
- A first-degree felony: Up to life in prison and a fine of up to $10,000
- A second-degree felony: Imprisonment between 2 and 20 years and a fine of up to $10,000
- A third-degree felony: Imprisonment between 2 and 10 years and a fine of up to $10,000
- A Class A misdemeanor: Imprisonment up to 1 year and a fine of up to $4,000
- A Class B misdemeanor: Imprisonment up to 6 months and a fine of up to $2,000
- A Class C misdemeanor: A $500 fine
The overseeing judge may also impose additional conditions like probation, orders of protection, and other restrictions. In any case, an assault conviction can cause lasting legal and non-legal headaches. Not to worry; our team intends to mount the strongest possible defense, putting your future first.
Click to contact our Lawyers today
An Assault Conviction Touches Every Corner of Your Life
Time behind bars and fines could just be the start of your problems if you’re convicted of an assault charge in The Colony. You could also:
- Lose the right to own a firearm
- Get fired from your job and have problems finding a new one
- Get evicted from your residence
- Suffer mental health complications, such as post-traumatic stress disorder and depression
- Experience interpersonal problems due to a criminal record
Assault convictions come with life-altering stigma. A criminal defense law attorney from the Law Offices of Randall B. Isenberg will work to mitigate these potential penalties by obtaining a dismissal, not-guilty verdict, or favorable plea agreement.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Call Today About Hiring an Experienced Attorney
Do not wait to contact our assault defense team serving The Colony. We want to begin building your defense as soon as possible, as we need to obtain evidence, adhere to all case-related deadlines, and build the strongest defense we can.
Call the Law Offices of Randall B. Isenberg today to discuss our services. We will explain why we’re capable of mounting your defense, and we’ll answer any questions you have.