If you are looking for a DWI lawyer who serves Sachse, Texas, the Law Offices of Randall B. Isenberg is here to help. We can identify and explain your legal options, build you a strong defense, and much more.
Call us at (214) 696-9253 for a free consultation with our team. We can discuss your case and how a Sachse DWI lawyer from our firm can assist you during this call.
DWI Is a Serious Crime
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) reports that, in 2018, 40% of all fatal traffic accidents in Texas involved a driver with a blood alcohol concentration (BAC) above the legal limit of 0.08%. Because alcohol has such a well-documented negative impact on driving safety, many states, Texas included, take drunk driving very seriously. This includes enacting strict penalties for those caught and convicted of driving while intoxicated.
DWI Is Different from DUI
Texas distinguishes between driving while intoxicated (DWI) and driving under the influence (DUI). If you are under 21 and driving with any amount of BAC, then you may be charged with DUI, which carries more lenient penalties. If you are 21 or over, and a police officer catches you (or believes they have caught you) driving with a blood alcohol concentration above the legal limit, you may be charged with DWI and subject to the penalties discussed below.
For a free legal consultation with a DWI Lawyer serving Sachse, call (214) 696-9253
The Potential Penalties for DWI
According to the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT), the penalties for a DWI conviction may include fines, prison time, and the suspension of your driver’s license. How much money and time you stand to lose will vary based on how many times you have been convicted of DWI.
If this is your first offense, you may have to:
- Spend as many as 180 days in jail
- Pay up to $2,000 in fines
- Go without your driver license for 1 year
If this is your second offense, the penalties you face are much more onerous. You may have to:
- Spend as much as 1 year in jail, with a mandatory minimum of 72 hours of jail time
- Pay up to $4,000 in fines
- Go without your driver license for 2 years
By your third offense, a DWI conviction may force you to:
- Spend between 2 and 10 years in prison
- Pay up to $10,000 in fines
- Go without your driver license for 2 years
Other factors, such as having an open container at the time of your arrest, having a BAC at or above 0.15%, or being involved in an accident that injures someone while drunk driving, could increase the penalties you face.
Sachse DWI Lawyer Near Me (214) 696-9253
DWI Penalties Can Change Your Life
DWI penalties are in and of themselves a scary prospect, whether this is your first offense or your third. However, their long-term effects on your life can be just as devastating. Hefty fines and long prison sentences can have an impact on your financial stability and your ability to support your family. This is in addition to the stigma of being convicted of a crime as maligned as drunk driving.
It is also important to remember that DWI convictions may stay on your criminal record for life. This may permanently affect your ability to rent an apartment or get hired for a job, among other things.
At the Law Offices of Randall B. Isenberg, we understand how frightening and overwhelming it is to be charged with any crime, especially one with such potentially dire consequences as DWI. You do not have to face these charges alone. Call us at (214) 696-9253 to learn more about your rights and the benefits of legal representation.
Click to contact our DWI Lawyers today
Hiring Legal Representation
The legal process can be very intimidating for those facing charges. Our founder, Randall B. Isenberg, has spent his entire career gaining new perspectives of and experiences with the law. He has worked as a prosecutor, a judge, and a defense attorney. These roles have given him unique insight into how to help people like you.
Different cases require different approaches. However, some of the ways our firm may be able to help you include:
- Offering a free consultation: At no cost or obligation, you can find out if and how a Sachse DWI lawyer from our team can help you with your case.
- Conducting our own inquiry: Just because the police have already investigated does not mean the investigation is done. We can search for evidence of your innocence and also of potential police misconduct.
- Defending you at trial: In the event that your case goes to trial, we will represent you there by questioning witnesses, submitting evidence, and delivering oral arguments to the jury.
- Fighting for a dismissal of the charges: Your charges may be dismissed for a number of reasons, including proof of innocence (such as from surveillance footage) or the arresting officer’s failure to follow protocol.
- Bargaining for lesser charges: If your charges cannot be dismissed, we will try to have your charges or their penalties reduced.
In addition to handling all legal matters in your case, we will always be there for you. If you have a question about your case or the legal process, we will answer it. If you are not sure what your options are or which option you should choose, we will explain them all to you. If you are made aware of a new development in your case, tell us, and we will help you decide how to respond.
In short, your lawyer’s job is to support you, and we will do so in any and every way we can.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Call the Law Offices of Randall B. Isenberg Today
After being charged with any crime, including DWI, you naturally want to do whatever you can to protect your rights. One way to do this is by hiring a Sachse DWI lawyer to represent you. The Law Offices of Randall B. Isenberg can provide you with a lawyer who will do whatever they can to help you. Call our staff at (214) 696-9253 to get started.