Any arrest can be scary. As an underage driver, an arrest for driving while intoxicated (DWI) can be even more frightening and stressful. It can make your present life difficult and wreak havoc on your future. You could face the loss of your driver’s license, hefty fines, and potentially lengthy incarceration.
You do not have to face this difficult situation without legal guidance and support. At the Law Offices of Randall B. Isenberg, our Sachse criminal defense lawyers know how hard it can be to defend yourself against serious charges like these. Our Sachse underage DWI attorney will evaluate the case against you and help you develop a strong defense.
What You Need to Know About Underage DWI In Texas
In Texas, the consumption of alcohol is prohibited until you turn 21 years old. The state’s zero-tolerance policy imposes severe penalties on anyone convicted of DWI or of the lesser charge of driving under the influence (DUI).
If you were charged with DWI, or you are the parent or guardian of someone who was, we can help. Our firm will help you avoid the loss of your license and fight hard to mitigate the other penalties you face. Everyone deserves a second chance, and we work hard to obtain one for you.
Suspension or Loss of Your License is Only One Consequence of Underage DWI
No one wants to lose their license —temporarily or permanently—so soon after getting it. After an underage DWI arrest, the status of your license depends on the outcome of the Administrative License Revocation (ALR) process.
To support you throughout this process, our Texas Department of Public Safety (TxDPS) will schedule your ALR hearing within the allotted time. We will protect your interests and represent you at the hearing. Our underage DWI lawyer will also fight to retain your driver’s license or request a restricted license that allows you to go to school and work.
Underage DWI Offenses and Penalties
If you are charged with DWI, you face the following serious penalties:
- First offense: A fine of up to $2,000, jail time of up to 180 days, and suspension of your license for up to one year. You may also be required to install an ignition interlock device on your vehicle.
- Second offense: A fine of up to $4,000, jail time of up to a year, and suspension of your driver’s license for up to 18 months.
- Third or subsequent offense: A fine of up to $10,000, prison time of up to ten years, and suspension of your driver’s license for up to two years.
When we represent you, our underage DWI attorney serving Sachse, TX, explains the exact charges you face. At the Law Offices of Randall B. Isenberg, we also use any violation of your rights and plea bargains to obtain the best possible outcome for you.
Underage DWI in an Accident Leaves a Permanent Mark on Your Criminal Record
If you were involved in an accident and cited for underage DWI, a conviction could mean you can never have your record sealed. This could leave a mark on your criminal record and subsequent background checks.
Randall B. Isenberg has more than 30 years of experience as a former prosecutor and state district judge. He and our entire team can help you avoid a conviction that leads to this life-changing consequence.
Let Our Underage DWI Lawyer Handle Your Sachse, TX, Case
When we accept your case, we start by listening to your version of the events that led to your traffic stop and subsequent arrest. We also examine every detail of the state’s case during the discovery process. We also keep you up to date on any developments in your case and take all of the following actions on your behalf:
- Explain Texas law and how it applies to your case
- Explain the possible penalties you might face
- Collect evidence that supports your defense
- Develop a solid defense plan and strategy
- Handle all case-related paperwork and communication
- Fight to have you released while your case is pending
We also work with the state to have the charges against you lowered as part of a plea agreement. Where warranted, we fight for their dismissal. If we cannot reach a mutually acceptable plea agreement, we will not hesitate to represent you at any hearings or court appearances.
Reviews From Previous Clients of the Law Offices of Randall B Isenberg
Clients who chose our firm for legal guidance have the following to say about our client-focused team:
- Christobpher: “The Isenberg law offices are filled with professionals who take every case and client seriously as if they’re going up to bat for their own family members. Our family will look only to Isenberg whenever we need a great lawyer.”
- Arnold: “There’s a reason Randall Isenberg was listed among the “Best Lawyers in Dallas” by D Magazine. Having true representation by a former state district judge, with all his experience, was worth every penny I spent on my defense.”
Our law firm is committed to providing the legal service you need and deserve. When you turn to our criminal defense team for support after an arrest, we work hard to treat you like a person, not a case file.
Get Legal Service and Support When You Need it Most After an Underage DWI Charge
If you are facing underage DWI charges in Sachse, you do not have to go through the complex legal matter of defending yourself on your own. At the Law Offices of Randall B. Isenberg, we work hard to build the best possible defense to protect you and your future.
Contact one of our team members to learn more about how hard our Sachse underage DWI attorney will fight for you.
Call or text (214) 696-9253 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form