Facing a DWI charge as an underage driver can be a daunting legal process. When our Grand Prairie underage DWI attorney is on your side, you do not have to face it alone. We will explain each step of the process including how we build your defense. Our team collects evidence that strengthens your defense, interviews supporting witnesses, and works with the state to reach a plea agreement, when possible.
At the Law Offices of Randall B. Isenberg, our goal is to help you avoid incarceration, imprisonment, and hefty fines. You are not alone in your fight to preserve your present and your future. Our legal team will also help you retain your driving privileges by representing you at your required Administrative License Revocation (ALR) hearing.
DWI Penalties in Grand Prairie Can Stop Your Goals in Their Tracks
You do not have to challenge the state’s case without legal support. If you are convicted of a DWI, you could face negative consequences in addition to any legal penalties, including:
- Loss of your driver’s license
- Higher car insurance rates
- Difficulty obtaining insurance
- Ineligibility for federal programs
- Ineligibility for certain employment
- Damage to your reputation
- Damage to your community standing
Our Grand Prairie criminal defense lawyer can help you protect your future and your goals and objectives. We request your ALR hearing within the allotted time, represent you there, and request a restricted driving permit for you.
By negotiating plea agreements, we can help you avoid a felony conviction which could prevent you from having your record sealed. That means subsequent background checks could reveal sensitive information. Our legal team can help you avoid this potential complication.
Texas Has Strict Sentencing Guidelines for Underage Drivers Convicted of DWI
Texas Department of Public Safety (TxDPS) guidelines define a minor as anyone under the age of 21 involved in an underage DWI. The penalties for DWI by a minor can include:
- A first offense is a Class B misdemeanor. It is punishable by a fine of up to $2,000, confinement for up to 180 days, and suspension of your license for up to 1 year.
- A second offense is a Class A misdemeanor. It is punishable by a fine of up to $4,000, confinement for up to 1 year, and suspension of your license for up to 18 months.
- A third or subsequent offense is a third-degree felony. It is punishable by a fine of up to $10,000, imprisonment for up to 10 years, and suspension of your license for up to 1 year.
The state may opt to try you as an adult under certain circumstances, including having a blood alcohol concentration (BAC) level of .08 or higher. We will challenge BAC testing equipment and test results to combat these more serious charges and higher penalties.
You Do Not Have to Build Your Underage DWI Defense Alone
At the Law Offices of Randall B. Isenberg, we know how hard it can be to understand all the legal aspects of your case and all the Texas laws that impact it. Our underage DWI attorney serving clients in Grand Prairie takes care of these aspects for you. We will also:
- Leverage the discovery process to examine the evidence against you
- Explain how we develop a solid defense strategy
- Handle all case-related communication on your behalf
- Obtain, complete, and file all required documentation
- Represent you at hearings, in court, and all other appearances
We never stop fighting for you and will also keep you updated on any new developments that affect your case.
How Our Law Firm Builds Your Defense and Fights Underage DWI Charges
When you turn to our law firm for legal support after a DWI arrest, we start by delving into the details of your arrest. If your rights were violated in any way, we leverage this information to build your defense.
No two cases are alike, so we do not offer cookie-cutter legal representation. We clarify the exact charges you face and the possible penalties. Our underage DWI lawyer helps you fight for:
- Plea agreements that lead to lower charges, lighter sentences, and smaller fines
- Dismissal of the charges in cases of insufficient evidence
- A fair and speedy trial by representing you in court and holding the state to the applicable statute of limitations
Our client-focused team will investigate your arrest and resulting charges. We handle the time-consuming and complex process of collecting and evaluating evidence. We also handle the back-and-forth process of plea bargaining. While we handle the legalities of your case, you can focus on your future and on getting a fresh start.
See Why Previous Clients Recommend the Law Offices of Randall B. Isenberg
With more than 30 years of experience as a former prosecutor and state district judge, Randall B. Isenberg knows what it takes to build an effective defense strategy. Our previous clients say:
- Carlos Piedrahita: I contacted the law offices of Randall Isenberg and they did a superb job with handling my case…Colleen was able to secure the best defense possible and most favorable terms with regards to my case.
- Richard Trevino: The best law firm in Dallas by far. Colleen represented me in my case and was so nice to have her there. She explained every part of the process clearly and answered every question I had. Thank you so much for all your help!
Your case and your future matter to every member of our team, so we fight hard to give you the attention to detail your case needs and deserves.
Call Our Underage DWI Team for Help and Support
Underage DWI is a serious charge that you do not have to face on your own. Our Grand Prairie underage DWI attorney can help you navigate the criminal justice system. We will explain each step we take in building the strongest possible defense for you.
Contact one of our team members at the Law Offices of Randall B. Isenberg to get started today.