If you are a minor or the parent or guardian of a minor who was arrested for driving while intoxicated (DWI), we can help. You do not have to fight these charges on your own. Our DeSoto underage DWI attorney will help you understand the state’s case and the possible penalties your child faces. We also help you build a strong defense strategy.
At the Law Offices of Randall B. Isenberg, we never stop fighting for your family or for the second chance and bright future your child deserves. Our DeSoto underage DWI attorneys will investigate your arrest and thoroughly review the state’s evidence. Whenever possible, our DeSoto criminal defense lawyers also work with the state’s prosecutor to negotiate plea agreements that lead to lower charges and lighter sentences.
DWI Conviction Could Put Your Future at Risk
Your future is worth fighting for, and our legal team goes to bat to help you safeguard it. Randall B. Isenberg’s 30+ years of experience as a former prosecutor and state district judge means we bring familiarity with state law to your case. We will fight hard for a dismissal of your charges whenever one is warranted.
When our firm represents you, we work hard to build a solid defense strategy. We start by listening to your version of events with kindness, compassion, and no judgment. We also work hard to understand the state’s case and build a defense that combats it.
Avoid Damage to Your Future Education and Career Goals
DWI conviction—even the stigma of arrest—can have costly repercussions. In addition to the inconvenience of preventing you from driving:
- You could be barred from employment that requires transportation or a clean driving record
- Your insurance rates could significantly increase, or you might have difficulty obtaining coverage
Your options for financing higher education can be impacted. Our law firm provides all-around client support. That includes helping you fight for your reputation, education, and career.
The Penalties of Conviction Under Texas’ Zero Tolerance DWI Policy
For adults, a blood alcohol concentration of .08 could lead to arrest and conviction for drunk driving. For minors (drivers under the age of 21), any trace of alcohol could lead to similar charges and the possibility of conviction. BAC levels that exceed .08 can mean you face charges as an adult.
According to Texas Department of Public Safety (TxDPS) data, penalties for conviction can include hefty fines and enrollment in an alcohol awareness class. Additional penalties can occur when a minor is charged as an adult for a DWI. Sentencing can include:
- First offense: Up to 180 days of incarceration, up to one year of driver’s license suspension, and the requirement to install an ignition interlock device on your vehicle
- Second offense: Up to a year of incarceration and up to 18 months of driver’s license suspension
- Third or subsequent offenses: Up to ten years of imprisonment and up to two years of driver’s license suspension
At the Law Offices of Randall B. Isenberg, we never stop fighting for you. Our underage DWI attorney serving clients in DeSoto can help you fight to preserve your present and future.
What You Need to Know About Enhanced Charges for Underage DWI
When you are pulled over on suspicion of DWI, the police officer needs reasonable suspicion or probable cause to do so. You could be:
- Arrested at the scene, handcuffed, and detained
- Taken to the police department or local jail
- Asked to submit to blood alcohol concentration (BAC) testing
Certain factors of your case can lead to enhanced (higher) charges and subsequent penalties. DWI enhancements can include transporting a minor younger than 15 and intoxication assault or manslaughter. In addition, a DWI that led to an accident can prevent you from having your record sealed. Our underage DWI lawyer can help you avoid these damaging convictions.
Get Legal Guidance and Support With Your Underage Desoto, TX DWI Case
Time is an important part of your criminal defense case. The state has a statute of limitations that governs your case and the filing of any charges against you. Our team works hard to see that your case is handled in a timely fashion. In addition, we will:
- Leverage the discovery process to understand the state’s case
- Explain Texas’ zero-tolerance policy and its effect on your case
- Review the details of your arrest and any subsequent interviews
- Explore any violations of your rights (especially for minors)
- Handle all case-related communication and documentation
- Represent you in plea negotiations, hearings, and court proceedings
Given your age at the time of arrest, the legal aspects of your case are complex. Our legal team understands state and local laws which means our involvement can benefit your case and help us build the strongest possible defense for you.
Previous Clients Attest to Our Commitment to Outstanding Client Support
When clients we defended in the past talk about the support they received from our legal team, they say the following:
- Previous Client: “…We knew we had chosen the right lawyer. He answered all our questions and calmed our nerves. He negotiated with the prosecutor to achieve the best possible result for my child. Going to the Law Offices of Randall B. Isenberg was definitely the right choice.”
- Previous Client: “I would recommend the legal services of Randall Isenberg to anyone. They were very professional, prompt, and seem to actually care about my case and handle it unconditionally…These guys are very intelligent and able to do just about anything inside a courthouse!”
Read additional reviews on our testimonials page and learn more about how hard we fight for every client we represent.
Work With Our Underage DWI Team Serving DeSoto Now
Are you a driver under the age of 21 facing DWI charges and the possibility of conviction? You do not have to understand the legal issues behind your arrest and conviction or face these charges and fight for your future alone.
Our DeSoto underage DWI attorney will help you build a defense. Find out how hard we go to bat for you by contacting one of our team members at the Law Offices of Randall B. Isenberg today.
Call or text (214) 696-9253 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form