Driving while intoxicated DWI is a serious offense for underage drivers. If you were recently arrested for DWI and are facing possible convictions, defending yourself on your own can be challenging. You are not alone. Our Colleyville underage DWI attorney can provide ongoing legal guidance and support when you need it most.
At the Law Offices of Randall B. Isenberg, we start by listening to you with compassion and understanding. Our Colleyville criminal defense lawyers also conduct their own investigation to uncover supporting evidence. We will canvass the accident scene for witnesses, photos, and video footage that support your case. In short, we never stop fighting for you and for the fresh start that helps you build a bright future.
What Zero-Tolerance Means for Underage Drivers in Texas
A DWI conviction in Colleyville, TX, could potentially derail your future. When our firm accepts your case, our entire team gets to work. We explain how the Texas Department of Public Safety (TxDPS)‘s zero-tolerance case affects your case.
No Amount of Alcohol is Acceptable for Underage Drivers
Underage drivers with even a trace of alcohol can face harsh penalties upon conviction. TxDPS guidelines state that you can be handcuffed and arrested and have your vehicle towed at your expense. You could also be subjected to blood alcohol concentration (BAC) testing.
The sooner you get our law firm involved in your case, the more time we have to investigate your arrest and explore the state’s case, evidence, and witnesses.
DWI Penalties for Underage Drivers
If you are convicted of DWI, the possible penalties are harsh. According to TxDPS, they include:
- First offense: Fines of up to $2,000, confinement of up to 180 days, and a suspended license for up to one year.
- Second offense: Fines of up to $4,000, confinement of up to one year, and a suspended license for up to 18 months.
- Third offense: Fines of up to $10,000, confinement of up to ten years, and a suspended license for up to two years.
Certain circumstances of your case can lead to a felony conviction and prevent you from ever having your record sealed if it led to an accident. These circumstances include having a passenger under 15 years old in your care or conviction on charges of intoxication assault or intoxication manslaughter.
In some cases, the officers will arrest you for DUI instead of DWI. This comes with less severe penalties.
At the Law Offices of Randall B. Isenberg, our lead attorney has more than 30 years of experience as a former prosecutor and state district judge that will benefit your case. Our underage DWI attorney serving Colleyville can help you build a defense strategy that helps mitigate the damage of a conviction.
The Societal Impact of a DWI Conviction
As a young driver, you have a long future ahead of you. When our legal team represents you, we work hard to help avoid a long-term, negative impact on your future. The social consequences of conviction can include:
- Excluding you from employment that requires a clean driving history
- A permanent mark on any background checks (if convicted as an adult)
- Possible exclusion from student loan programs for higher education
- Damage to your reputation, community standing, and driving privileges
Every member of our client-focused team is committed to your case and to giving it the attention it needs and deserves. Your future matters, and we work hard to protect it.
Our Underage DWI Lawyer Serving Colleyville Helps You Build A Solid Defense
Are you an underage driver who is facing arrest and possible conviction for DWI in Colleyville, TX? When you hire our law firm to represent you, we handle all communication with the state on your behalf. To bolster and support your defense, we take all the following steps:
- Review the details of the state’s case
- Evaluate the laws that affect your case
- Review the applicable statute of limitations
- Develop a credible defense strategy
- Handle all case-related paperwork and filings
- Represent you at hearings and in court
- Review the details of your initial arrest
You do not have to go up against the state on your own. We explain your rights as a minor (depending on your age) and look for any violations of your rights. Our team will challenge any field sobriety or blood alcohol concentration testing machinery and results.
Let the Law Offices of Randall B. Isenberg Fight for You
No two criminal defense cases are exactly alike, so our law firm works hard to treat you like an individual, not a case file. When previous clients talk about our legal service and support, they say:
- Previous Client: “I would recommend the legal services of Randall Isenberg to anyone. They were very professional, prompt, and seemed to actually care about my case…These guys are very intelligent and able to do just about anything inside a courthouse!”
- Previous Client: “I really enjoyed the close care they took with my case and also the friendly welcome they gave me every time I called…they were truly excellent as a team and as friends, no matter who was dealing with me.”
Our entire team works hard to protect you and your future. Browse our testimonials page today to read additional reviews from satisfied clients.
Work With Our Underage DWI Team Today
Are you a young driver or the parent or guardian of a young driver facing DWI charges, our law firm can help. Our Colleyville underage DWI attorney will review the details of your case and develop a strong defense strategy. Get started today by contacting one of our consultation team members at the Law Offices of Randall B. Isenberg today.
The initial case evaluation is free of charge.