Law enforcement officials in Colleyville can arrest you for driving while intoxicated (DWI) if they suspect you are under the influence of marijuana while driving a motor vehicle. The legal penalties for driving under the influence of marijuana can be life-changing, as you may face incarceration, significant fines, and license suspension.
The Law Offices of Randall B. Isenberg will provide a Colleyville DWI marijuana lawyer to seek a dismissal or reduction of your charges. Do not assume that the state of Texas views marijuana in the same light as other jurisdictions in the United States—you face the same legal sanctions as if you were drunk driving, and you must take your case seriously.
The Law Offices of Randall B. Isenberg Relies on Unique Legal Experience to Resolve DWI Marijuana Cases
Our firm has unique legal experience, as attorney Isenberg is a former Senior Chief Felony Prosecutor and State District Trial Judge with more than 30 years of legal experience. Whether attorney Isenberg or another attorney from our firm leads your case, our lawyers work as a team to fight for our clients’ interests.
As our firm’s client, you should expect:
- The support of a firm with extensive case results: We are constantly fighting for clients facing DWI and drug-specific charges in Texas. Our attorneys can often have charges dismissed, secure probation, reduce felonies to misdemeanors, and get other positive outcomes for our clients.
- A personal relationship with your attorney: Though we have the resources to handle a high volume of different case types, we ensure each client receives a personalized defense. Your attorney will know you, know the intricate details of your case, and fight for the best possible outcome based on your unique circumstances.
- Honest legal advice: There is no benefit to a lawyer misleading their client. Our attorneys will be honest with you at every turn of your case, and we encourage you to speak honestly with us.
- A team that lives up to its reputation: The Law Offices of Randall B. Isenberg has earned a reputation for legal knowledge, tenacity, and a deep familiarity with the criminal justice system in Texas. This reputation is on the line with each case we handle, so we work hard to ensure every client receives our best effort.
Though we are familiar with marijuana DWI cases, we will develop our legal strategy based on the unique facts of your case. We’ll consider why a law enforcement officer pulled you over, what probable cause they had (or did not have) for suspecting marijuana use, and other critical facts of your case.
Once we have gathered all relevant facts and evidence, we’ll seek the most viable legal outcome, whether that is a dismissal, reduction of charges, or not-guilty verdict.
Client Testimonials for the Law Offices of Randall B. Isenberg
The wife of a former client explains the type of representation you can expect when you hire a DWI marijuana lawyer from our team to lead your defense in Colleyville:
- “My husband was taken to jail after a field sobriety test, and I had to get an Uber with threats of being arrested myself. After I bailed him out, we asked around about the best DWI attorneys in Dallas, and Randall’s name kept coming up. So we went with him. He committed the arresting officer to giving his version of the arrest, and it didn’t match the evidence and couldn’t stand up in court. We were so relieved to have the case thrown out and to put it all behind us. And we’re happy to leave a good review.” – Sarah
You can review more client testimonials, and you’ll find that these reviews contain a common theme: Our firm fighting for our clients’ reputations, futures, and freedom.
Legal and Non-Legal Consequences of a DWI Marijuana Conviction in Colleyville
If a law enforcement officer determines you were impaired by marijuana while driving a motor vehicle, they can charge you with driving while intoxicated.
Texas Penal Code Title 10 § 49.01 allows for a DWI charge resulting from alleged marijuana use, as the statute defines “intoxicated” as “not having the normal use of mental or physical faculties by reason of the introduction of alcohol, a controlled substance, a drug, a dangerous drug, a combination of two or more of those substances, or any other substance into the body.”
The Texas Department of Transportation (TDOT) explains that should a prosecutor succeed in convicting you of DWI, you face:
- For a first DWI offense: A fine of up to $2,000, between 3 and 180 days in jail, and license suspension for up to one year.
- For a second DWI offense: A fine of up to $4,000, between 1 month and 1 year in jail, and license suspension for up to 2 years.
- For a third DWI offense: A fine of up to $10,000, between 2 and 10 years in prison, and license suspension for up to 2 years.
You may face additional penalties if you had marijuana in your possession at the time of arrest or stand accused of other aggravating factors. In addition to the legal penalties you face, a DWI conviction can:
- Get you fired
- Cause custody issues
- Make you a lesser candidate for housing and employment
- Diminish your quality of life
There is no way of telling exactly how costly a DWI conviction will be, as its impact can reach far and wide throughout your life. It is in your interests to get the strongest defense you possibly can.
Colleyville DWI Marijuana Lawyer Near Me (214) 696-9253
How the Law Offices of Randall B. Isenberg Will Lead Your DWI Marijuana Defense in Colleyville
Our legal team will seek to protect you from the full weight of a DWI conviction. We will assist you by:
- Gathering and using in your defense any evidence indicating officer misconduct, lack of probable cause, tainted test results, or your innocence
- Advising you on the best outcome for your case
- Negotiating a plea bargain (if appropriate in your case)
- Defending you at trial (again, if appropriate in your case)
- Taking any other steps necessary to secure a positive outcome for your case
Our goal is to help clients move past allegations of marijuana-related DWI with minimal harm to their reputation, personal life, and future ambitions.
Click to contact our DWI Marijuana Lawyers today
Call the Law Offices of Randall B. Isenberg Today to Discuss Your Colleyville DWI Marijuana Case
A Colleyville DWI marijuana lawyer from the Law Offices of Randall B. Isenberg will make your defense their mission. Do not wait to call us about your case in Colleyville, as a prosecutor may be actively working to convict you.
Call the Law Offices of Randall B. Isenberg today to discuss your Tarrant County case.