When you’ve been arrested for felony DWI, every decision you make after the arrest matters. One of the most important decisions you’ll make is whether to fight the charges. If you do decide to fight the charges, which is your right, it’s important to choose an attorney who can mount a strong defense on your behalf. Our Colleyville, TX DWI lawyer knows how to build a criminal defense.
The Law Offices of Randall B. Isenberg has experienced attorneys who can fight felony DWI charges in Colleyville. We’ve handled complex cases and successfully represented clients all over Texas. If there is reasonable doubt in your case, we can identify it. We know the stakes are high in any felony case and our team is here to fight for you.
What Can Our Colleyville, TX Felony DWI Lawyer Do for You?
Being convicted of felony DWI can have negative consequences. In addition to being incarcerated, this charge carries substantial fines and court costs. The ramifications of a conviction could also affect your personal life and career. That’s why it’s important to pick a lawyer who not only has experience with criminal defense but specifically felony DWI cases.
The Law Offices of Randall B. Isenberg is led by an attorney who has experience working as a former prosecutor and a state district judge. Randall B. Isenberg also has over 30 years of experience. Our firm can build a defense for you.
If you put a Colleyville DWI lawyer from our firm on your case, we will fight for you every step of the way. That fight starts with building your defense. We can:
- Gather evidence to build your case: We can use photos or videos and witness testimony to support your case.
- Find weak points in the blood alcohol concentration (BAC) test you took: Sometimes we can find fault in the testing machine or the officer that administered the test.
- Negotiate for a reduced charge: We may be able to build a defense that can get your felony charges reduced.
- Keep you informed of the status of your case: We will be in contact with you throughout your case so you are aware of all updates.
- Represent you in court: We will prepare you for court hearings and defend you. You do not have to defend yourself when you work with our attorney.
When you work with our firm, you are not facing your charges alone.
What Makes a DWI Case a Felony Instead of a Misdemeanor?
Although many Colleyville, TX DWI cases are misdemeanors, you could face felony charges under certain circumstances. Some situations that may call for felony charges include:
- Driving while intoxicated with a minor who is younger than 15
- Getting charged with intoxication assault, in which the DWI accident caused serious bodily injury
- Getting charged with intoxication manslaughter, in which the DWI accident killed another person
Our felony DWI attorney can defend you against such charges. We will investigate all the circumstances of your case to determine any flaws in the arrest.
What Penalties do You Face After a Felony DWI Conviction?
Texas takes DWI cases very seriously. The amount of time you could spend in prison depends on the circumstances of your case. According to Texas Penal Code § 12.01, when you face felony charges, your penalties could include:
- 5-99 years in prison and up to $10,000 in fines for a first-degree felony
- 2-20 years in prison and up to $10,000 in fines for a second-degree felony
- 2-10 years in prison and up to $10,000 in fines for a third-degree felony
Your consequences could also involve having your driver’s license suspended or revoked. Our Colleyville, TX felony DWI lawyer will work hard to help you avoid these legal consequences.
Colleyville Felony DWI Lawyer Near Me (214) 696-9253
Other Potential Consequences of a Felony DWI Conviction
One of the more unfortunate aspects of a felony DWI conviction is that the consequences can remain with you throughout your life. Even after you have completed your sentence, and paid your fine and your court costs, the conviction will remain on your record. That means you may have problems doing one, or more, of the following:
- Securing gainful employment: Having to check the “Yes” box next to the “Have you ever been convicted of a felony” question on a job application could put you at a disadvantage when seeking employment.
- Preventing you from finding housing: Increasingly, apartment communities are doing criminal background checks as part of their application process. Many of them have policies in place to deny applicants with a felony criminal history.
- Destroying your finances: It’s impossible to work while you’re incarcerated, which likely means you can’t pay your bills. This can destroy your credit, especially when you’re also responsible for paying court costs and fines.
- Injuring your reputation: Having a felony DWI conviction may reflect poorly on you in a custody hearing involving your child. You may also face problems advancing in your career, or finding a new career if you are a convicted felon.
Our Colleyville, Texas felony DWI lawyer may be able to help you avoid these consequences. The sooner you put our firm to work on your case, the sooner we can begin fighting on your behalf.
Click to contact our Felony DWI Lawyers today
Contact Our DWI Lawyer for a Free Case Evaluation
The Law Offices of Randall B. Isenberg knows you may have questions after being arrested for felony DWI. Our team has over three decades of experience fighting these cases and building legal defenses for people in your situation. We also offer free case reviews to people who are facing felony DWI charges.
You have the right to fight the charges against you, and we can help you build a solid defense. Your reputation and freedom are on the line. Call us and see what a Colleyville, Texas felony DWI lawyer from our firm can do for you.