Those accused of driving while intoxicated (DWI) in a commercial vehicle face substantial legal and personal penalties. In addition to the fines and jail or prison terms associated with a DWI conviction, you may also lose your commercial driver’s license for life. This may mean the end of your career.
The Law Offices of Randall B. Isenberg will provide a commercial DWI lawyer in Colleyville, TX, to defend you. Our firm has a long list of successful case results for clients facing DWI charges, and we’ll work on dismissing or reducing the charges against you.
Reasons to Hire a Commercial DWI Lawyer in Colleyville, TX From Our Firm
DWI cases are a substantial piece of our firm’s caseload. Our attorneys work on DWI defenses regularly, so we have a long record of results in cases like yours. Those facing commercial DWI charges hire the Law Offices of Randall B. Isenberg because:
- We understand what is on the line should you be convicted: Because we know the law and handle so many DWI cases, we understand the high cost of a commercial DWI conviction in Colleyville. Our team will exhaust every legal strategy to fight for your future.
- Our attorneys have extensive experience defending clients (and in other areas of the law)): Each of our attorneys has a legal background in criminal defense. Attorney Isenberg is also a former judge and prosecutor, providing him with a unique perspective that works into our legal strategy. When you hire the Law Offices of Randall B. Isenberg, you hire attorneys who know the legal system from multiple angles.
- We provide clear, honest legal advice: The “right” legal approach varies from one case to the next. Our firm will give you honest legal advice, explaining why we recommend one legal strategy over another. If the prosecutor has strong evidence on their side, we will tell you as much, and we’ll tell you how this affects your case.
Our mission is to protect you from the potential harm of a conviction. For some clients facing a commercial DWI charge, our goal is a dismissal. For others, the goal is reducing their charges. We will do what we believe is best for you, and help you feel comfortable with our legal approach.
A Former Client Explains How Our Firm Helped with Their DWI Defense
To help you understand why so many clients hire our firm for their DWI defenses, consider this firsthand account:
- “My husband was taken to jail after a field sobriety test, and I had to get an Uber with threats of being arrested myself. After I bailed him out, we asked around about the best DWI attorneys in Dallas, and Randall’s name kept coming up. So we went with him. He committed the arresting officer to giving his version of the arrest, and it didn’t match the evidence and couldn’t stand up in court. We were so relieved to have the case thrown out and to put it all behind us. And we’re happy to leave a good review.” – Sarah
You can read many more testimonials from former clients who we helped overcome serious DWI charges in Texas. The lawyer who handles your commercial DWI case in Colleyville will work for similar results.
What Is at Stake When Facing a Commercial DWI Conviction in Colleyville, TX?
Motorists driving a commercial vehicle have a lower threshold for a DWI conviction. If you have a blood alcohol concentration (BAC) of .04% or greater, you may face a DWI charge as the driver of a commercial vehicle. You may also face this charge if you are suspected of being under the influence of illicit drugs.
Despite having a lower limit for a DWI charge, commercial drivers face the same legal penalties as others charged with DWI. The Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT) lists the penalties for a DWI conviction, which include:
- For a first-time DWI conviction: Between 3 and 180 days in jail, a fine of up to $2,000
- For a second-time DWI conviction: Between 1 month and 1 year in jail, a fine of up to $4,000
- For a third-time DWI conviction: Between 2 and 10 years in prison, a fine of up to $10,000
The Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS) adds that you will lose your commercial driver’s license (CDL) for at least a year. If you have prior disqualifications on your record, a DWI may cause you to lose your CDL for life. You may also face sanctions related to your personal driver’s license, including suspension.
Non-Legal Consequences of a Commercial DWI Conviction in Colleyville, TX
In addition to the legal penalties that come with a DWI conviction in Texas, a conviction may cause:
- The loss of your current job
- The loss of any careers that require a CDL
- Financial hardship, especially if you use your CDL to earn a living
- Other personal, professional, and financial problems
The fallout from a DWI conviction can compound, as the loss of your job can cause financial stress, which can cause psychological problems, which can significantly diminish your quality of life.
Now is the time to minimize the harm resulting from your commercial DWI charge, and our team wants to help.
How a Lawyer from Our Firm Will Work to Resolve Your Commercial DWI Case
Our firm will tailor our legal approach to your case. We will:
- Determine if the charge against you is improper
- Advise you on whether to seek a dismissal or reduction of charges
- Lead any necessary plea negotiations on your behalf
- Defend you at trial, if necessary
- Protect and advise you throughout your case
You can overcome a commercial DWI charge, but most people need help when facing charges as serious as yours. Our attorneys will guide you through this difficult time in your life.
Call the Law Offices of Randall B. Isenberg Today for a Consultation
Call the Law Offices of Randall B. Isenberg as soon as possible. A commercial DWI lawyer in Colleyville, TX can start on your case. The more time you allow us to build your defense, the better the likelihood that we can build an effective one.
Call the Law Offices of Randall B. Isenberg today for your consultation.