The Law Offices of Randall B. Isenberg is your trusted source for exceptional DWI defense in Glenn Heights, Texas. If you find yourself facing the serious consequences of a DWI charge, our Glenn Heights DWI lawyers are here to provide you with personalized and dedicated representation.
The Glenn Heights criminal defense lawyers at our firm take pride in our proactive and strategic defense approach. Our team will thoroughly investigate the details of your arrest, challenge any questionable evidence, and explore all possible legal defenses to build a strong case on your behalf.
Understanding Your DWI Deadlines: Key Legal Timeframes to Know
If you are facing a DWI charge in Glenn Heights, Texas, it is essential to be aware of the legal deadlines that apply to your case. Adhering to these deadlines is crucial to protecting your rights and ensuring the proper handling of your defense.
Important legal deadlines to know for your DWI case in Texas include:
Statute of Limitations
The statute of limitations sets a time limit within which the state must initiate criminal proceedings against you. In Texas, the statute of limitations for a DWI charge is typically two years from the date of the alleged offense. For felonies, that time limit is extended to three years.
However, it is important to consult with an attorney as certain circumstances can extend the statute of limitations.
ALR Hearing Request
In Texas, following a DWI arrest, there is a deadline to request an Administrative License Revocation (ALR) hearing to challenge the suspension of your driver’s license. Generally, you have 15 days from the date of your arrest to submit a written request for the ALR hearing. Failing to meet this deadline may result in an automatic suspension of your driver’s license.
Pre-Trial Motion Deadlines
Various pre-trial motions can be filed in a DWI case to challenge evidence, suppress certain statements, or seek dismissal of the charges. The specific deadlines for filing these motions will depend on the rules of the court handling your case. It is important to consult with your attorney to ensure these motions are filed within the required timeframe.
Glenn Heights DWI Lawyer Near Me (214) 696-9253
Discovery refers to the process of exchanging evidence between the prosecution and the defense. There are typically deadlines for both parties to provide the opposing side with relevant documents, witness lists, expert reports, and other evidence. These deadlines are determined by the court rules and may vary from case to case.
Click to contact our DWI Lawyers today
Trial Date and Pre-Trial Conferences
Once your case progresses to the trial stage, a trial date will be set. It is important to be aware of this date and any pre-trial conferences or hearings scheduled leading up to the trial. Failure to appear or meet deadlines set by the court can have adverse consequences for your case.
To be fully prepared, consult with an experienced DWI attorney who practices in Glenn Heights, Texas, as they will have a thorough understanding of the specific deadlines and procedures that apply in your jurisdiction. They will ensure that all necessary actions are taken within the required timeframes to protect your rights and build a strong defense strategy.
Key Mistakes to Avoid After Being Charged with a DUI
After being charged with a DUI (Driving Under the Influence), it is crucial to be aware of the key mistakes to avoid. Making the right choices during this critical time can significantly impact the outcome of your case. Here are some important things to avoid after being charged with a DUI:
- Admitting guilt or providing incriminating statements: Always remember your right to remain silent. Avoid making any statements that could be used against you in court, especially admissions of guilt. Anything you say to law enforcement or others involved in your case can potentially be used as evidence.
- Neglecting to hire a DUI attorney: DUI laws and legal procedures can be complex. Failing to hire a knowledgeable and experienced DUI attorney can be a significant mistake. An attorney will guide you through the legal process, protect your rights, and develop a strong defense strategy tailored to your case.
- Engaging in risky behavior: Refrain from engaging in risky behaviors such as driving on a suspended license or ignoring treatment. A subsequent DUI conviction can also lead to more severe penalties and have long-term consequences on your personal and professional life.
By avoiding these key mistakes and working closely with The Law Offices of Randall B. Isenberg, you can navigate the legal process more effectively and increase your chances of achieving a favorable outcome.
Successful Ways an Attorney Helps Your DWI Case
Increase the chances of having your charges cleared or lessened by hiring a skilled DWI attorney. We provide invaluable services and employ effective strategies to help you navigate the legal process and achieve the best possible outcome.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Gather Evidence and Witnesses
It is essential to collect any relevant evidence and identify potential witnesses to support your defense. This may include gathering surveillance footage, obtaining witness statements, or documenting any mitigating factors that could challenge the prosecution’s case.
Preparing a Full Suite of Legal Defenses
In a DWI case, several legal defenses can be employed to challenge the charges and potentially achieve a successful outcome. Some common defenses used in successful DWI cases include:
- Lack of probable cause: The Fourth Amendment protects individuals from unreasonable searches and seizures. If the police lacked probable cause to stop your vehicle or lacked reasonable suspicion to conduct field sobriety tests, it could be argued that the evidence obtained should be suppressed.
- Improperly administered field sobriety tests: Field sobriety tests, such as the walk-and-turn or one-leg stand, are subjective and can be affected by various factors. We challenge their validity if there are conditions that impact the results.
- Inaccurate breathalyzer or blood test results: Breathalyzer devices and blood tests are not always reliable. Challenging the reliability of these tests can weaken the prosecution’s case.
- Violation of Miranda rights: If law enforcement fails to provide the Miranda warning (the right to remain silent and have an attorney present during questioning) during the arrest process, any statements made by the defendant may be inadmissible in court.
- Medical conditions: Certain medical conditions or fatigue can mimic the symptoms of intoxication. Providing evidence can raise doubts about the alleged impairment.
Experienced Glenn Heights DWI Lawyer Offering a Free Consultation
Contact our Glenn Heights DWI lawyers at The Law Offices of Randall B. Isenberg for a deep understanding of Texas DWI laws and dedicated representation. From the initial consultation, we are committed to providing comprehensive guidance, addressing every aspect of your defense with effectiveness.
With a track record of success and a reputation for providing compassionate and personalized representation, we have earned the trust of clients throughout Glenn Heights and beyond.
Our skilled attorneys are fully devoted to protecting your rights and pursuing the best possible outcome.