A charge of Driving While Intoxicated (DWI) holds significant consequences for the driver of a commercial vehicle. If convicted, you could lose your driving privileges and your current job, and be unable to work in the commercial driving industry for a long time.
A commercial DWI lawyer in Coppell, TX, can seek to dismiss or reduce the charges you face. The Law Offices of Randall B. Isenberg offer an uncommon level of experience in the criminal defense field and can mount a strong defense against your charges.
What You Stand to Lose from a Commercial DWI Conviction in Coppell, TX
Commercial vehicle drivers stand to suffer professional, legal, and personal consequences because of a DWI conviction. You only need a blood alcohol concentration (BAC) of .04% to face a commercial DWI conviction. For non-commercial drivers, a DWI charge requires a BAC of .08% or higher.
Professional Penalties for a Commercial DWI Conviction
The Texas Department of Safety (DPS) explains that those convicted of a commercial DWI will lose their Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) for at least one year. In certain cases, this could be as many as three years, and in extreme cases, a commercial driver may lose their CDL for life.
However, this may only be the start of your professional consequences. You may also:
- Be terminated by your employer
- Have difficulty finding future employment in the commercial driving sector
- Have to change careers
You chose this career for a reason, and losing your CDL is something you never would have planned for. A DWI lawyer from the Law Offices of Randall B. Isenberg can work to help you avoid these professional hardships.
Legal Penalties for a Commercial DWI Conviction
In addition to losing your commercial driver’s license, the Texas Department of Transportation (DOT) explains that a first-time DWI conviction in Coppell, TX could lead to:
- 72 hours to 180 days in jail
- A fine of up to $2,000
A second-time DWI conviction may result in:
- 30 days to 365 days in jail
- A fine of up to $4,000
As a commercial driver, you likely do not have more than one DWI conviction on your record (if any). However, if you do, the legal sanctions you face could worsen with each subsequent DWI conviction.
A DWI Conviction Could Have a Personal Cost
When a DWI conviction affects your career and possibly causes you to lose your freedom, expect to face personal fallout, too. The adverse results of a DWI conviction may cause:
- Depression (from the loss of your career and other consequences)
- Relationship problems
- Child-custody issues
A DWI conviction may also affect your ability to drive non-commercial vehicles, making your situation even more difficult.
Why Choose the Law Offices of Randall B. Isenberg to Represent You in Coppell, TX?
Even if you are convicted of a DWI while driving your personal vehicle, you could lose your CDL. With so much on the line, a lawyer with a proven track record of successful defenses could be invaluable.
The Law Offices of Randall B. Isenberg:
- Have gotten many favorable DWI case results: We update these results monthly. Our team constantly fights to save our clients’ licenses, jobs, and reputations, and our results speak for themselves.
- Offers uncanny experience with a unique edge: Attorney Randall B. Isenberg is a criminal defense attorney, but his background as a prosecutor and judge provides exceptional insight into the legal process. He knows how prosecutors and judges think, and uses this knowledge to fight for his clients.
- Has compassion for his clients as people: Commercial drivers face immense stress every day. Mistakes happen, and sometimes law enforcement gets it wrong. In either case, you should not have to face life-changing consequences after you’ve worked so hard to get your CDL.
We can review the facts of your case and determine the most appropriate legal strategy. Our goal is to minimize the harm you face because of a pending DWI charge.
Coppell Commercial DWI Lawyer Near Me (214) 696-9253
Client Testimonials for the Law Offices of Randall B. Isenberg
Our former clients rave about how Randall B. Isenberg and his team fought and won for them:
- “I was very pleased being able to work with your law firm on my unfortunate DWI case. You were truly the best and had very impressive end results. I had some unplanned complications in my DWI case but the end results were very amazing and I felt I was truly with a dream team law firm.” -Johnny W.
- “We asked around about the best DWI attorneys in Dallas, and Randall’s name kept coming up. So we went with him. He committed the arresting officer to giving his version of the arrest, and it didn’t match the evidence, and couldn’t stand up in court. We were so relieved to have the case thrown out and to put it all behind us. And we’re happy to leave a good review.”- Sarah
These are just a few of the glowing testimonials our clients leave us.
How Our Team Can Help with Your DWI Case in Coppell
Our law firm can handle every aspect of your DWI defense, including:
- Gathering the facts of your arrest
- Identifying any malpractice by law enforcement officials
- Working with the prosecutor in your case to explore plea bargains
- Providing solid legal counsel
- Guiding you through every step of the legal process
With more than 30 years of criminal defense experience, you can rest easy with our team representing you.
Call the Law Offices of Randall B. Isenberg Today for a Free Consultation
There is no time to spare when facing a commercial DWI charge in Coppell, TX. A lawyer from our firm can work to resolve your case as soon as possible.
Contact the Law Offices of Randall B. Isenberg today for your free consultation.