Have you recently been arrested and charged with a crime related to domestic violence? Are you worried about the impact a conviction could have on your life? If you are facing criminal charges of any kind, a Waxahachie, TX family and domestic violence lawyer from the Law Offices of Randall B. Isenberg is here to help you clear your name of the allegations against you.
With our team advocating for your rights, you can rely on us to determine which defense strategy is most likely to produce a favorable outcome in your case.
Types of Family and Domestic Violence Charges You Could Be Facing
There are a wide variety of family and domestic violence-related charges you could be facing in Waxahachie, TX. You could face harsh consequences if you are charged with any of the following criminal offenses:
- Aggravated assault
- Assault and battery
- Attempted murder
- Restraining order violations
These are only a few examples. If you have been charged with any of these crimes (or any not mentioned above), a family and domestic violence lawyer from our firm can start working on your defense as soon as possible.
Misdemeanors Vs. Felonies In Waxahachie, TX
The charges you could be facing for a family or domestic violence criminal offense in Waxahachie can vary widely. In some instances, domestic violence-related offenses are considered misdemeanors while others are charged at a felony level. First-time, non-violent offenses are often misdemeanors. The more serious the offense, the more likely it is you could be charged with a felony.
If you have prior domestic violence convictions on your record, you may also face felony charges. Generally, felonies carry far more severe consequences than misdemeanors. Thus, working with the state’s prosecutor to get your felony domestic violence charges reduced to a misdemeanor may be in your best interests.
Penalties for a Family and Domestic Violence Conviction
There are a wide variety of consequences and collateral penalties you will face if you are convicted of a felony and domestic violence conviction in Waxahachie, TX. The type of offense you were charged with, and the level at which you were charged, will determine the severity of your penalties.
For instance, strangulation is a third-degree felony, punishable by a maximum of 10 years imprisonment, and fines as high as $10,000. However, if you were merely charged with a misdemeanor domestic violence offense (such as assault) your fines and jail time could be significantly less harsh.
Depending on the details of your case, you may also face a variety of other criminal and collateral consequences, including:
- Suspension or revocation of your Texas state driver’s license
- Court-ordered completion of anger management
- Court-ordered attendance at mental health counseling or group therapy
- Community service hours
- Regular meetings with a probation officer or parole officer
- Abstaining from drugs or alcohol
- Curfew requirements
- Housing limitations
- Being registered as a sex offender
These are only a few of the consequences you may face if you are convicted of family and domestic violence in Waxahachie, TX. If you hope to avoid these harsh penalties, having an attorney on your side who can prepare a compelling defense strategy may be in your best interest.
Waxahachie Family and Domestic Violence Lawyer Near Me (214) 696-9253
How to Defend Against Family and Domestic Violence Charges
When you are charged with an offense related to family or domestic violence, a strong defense is critical. Depending on the details of your case, there could be multiple ways to approach your defense strategy. If this is your first offense, you may be eligible for a pretrial diversion program. However, these are typically only available for non-violent offenses.
If you do not qualify for a pretrial diversion program, defending yourself at trial may be the only way to clear your name of the allegations against you. Generally, several types of defenses could be used to challenge such accusations. These defenses include:
- False allegations
- Mistake of fact
- Illegal search and seizure
- Constitutional rights violations
- Police misconduct
- Lab mistakes
- Procedural errors
Click to contact our Family and Domestic Violence Lawyers today
Client Reviews and Accolades
The Law Offices of Randall B. Isenberg are committed to serving criminal defense clients with excellence, and the results speak for themselves. Here are some of our most notable client reviews and accolades:
- “There’s a reason Randall Isenberg was listed among the “Best Lawyers in Dallas” by D Magazine. He truly is at the top in his field. Having true representation by a former state district judge, with all his experience, was worth every penny I spent on my defense. I’ve seen friends sold down river by court-appointed attorneys, and I thank God that I didn’t have to take that path.” – Arnold
- “Thanks, Randall for getting my charges reduced. I went from facing decades in prison to probation. I can’t tell you how much that means to me, my wife, and kids. My world was destroyed, and the experience has humbled me to be the best driver I can possibly be. I’ll refer your law firm to anyone wanting an outstanding attorney.” – Erick
- “They really know how to do their job right and get you the best deal possible.” – Julia Ann Murchison
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Contact a Family and Domestic Violence Lawyer in Waxahachie, TX for Help
Allegations regarding family and domestic violence can have a devastating impact on your life. Not only could you be facing criminal charges, but the collateral consequences of a conviction could turn your entire life upside down. Take steps now to protect your reputation and your future.
Reach out to a Waxahachie, TX family and domestic violence lawyer at the Law Office of Randall B. Isenberg for a confidential consultation today. We offer legal services in both English and Spanish. Contact us today to get started.
Call or text (214) 696-9253 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form