Drinking and driving often leads to negative outcomes for the driver and others on the road. A DWI can have severe criminal penalties, but drunk driving resulting in another person’s death carries the most extreme penalties. In Texas, this is intoxication manslaughter.
If you or someone you know is facing intoxication manslaughter charges, hiring a criminal defense lawyer from the Law Offices of Randall B. Isenberg as soon as possible to protect your rights is essential. An attorney from our team serving Waxahachie is dedicated to helping reduce the impact this will have on your life.
How Can a Waxahachie Intoxication Manslaughter Lawyer Help Me?
Intoxication manslaughter carries a very serious criminal charge resulting in life alternating outcomes, affecting the present and your future. A charge of this degree affects you and your loved ones. Planning for the future is hard to do with the unknowns while dealing with a criminal charge.
A DWI lawyer has the understanding needed to fight for your rights. A lawyer from our team provides support throughout the legal process starting from the moment you contact us.
We Investigate the Accident
Knowing the specifics of your accident in Waxahachie, TX, and how things happened can give valuable information, including identifying all parties responsible, to begin developing your defense.
We Examine Your Case
After we thoroughly investigate your case, we can present you with options. We understand this can feel overwhelming and complicated, which is why we will have your best interests in mind throughout your case. We will answer any questions you have about the process.
We Communicate With Other Parties on Your Behalf
Being involved in an accident involves many different parties, such as police officers and other attorneys. We can communicate on your behalf, having your best interests in mind while we advocate for your rights. We understand what needs to be shared and when. We will advise you on what to say to ensure you do not say something that can be used against you.
What Is Intoxication Manslaughter in Texas?
Intoxication manslaughter occurs when an intoxicated person operates a motor vehicle and causes the death of another by accident or mistake as a result of being intoxicated (Texas Penal Code Section 49.04). The deceased person could be:
- Someone riding in the car with you
- A person in another vehicle involved in the accident
- A motorist
- A pedestrian
The person’s death can happen at the accident scene or later because of the injuries they sustained.
Waxahachie Intoxication Manslaughter Lawyer Near Me (214) 696-9253
What Are the Penalties?
Intoxication manslaughter is a second-degree felony, with penalties of:
- Two to 20 years of imprisonment
- Paying fines up to $10,000
- Community service
Other consequences can result in a conviction staying on your record. A felony status can affect the rest of your life personally and professionally. It can affect your capability of obtaining a job, being approved for housing, and even your ability to drive if there are restrictions on your license and your reputation. Having a high-quality lawyer represent you is vital for your future and potential sentence.
Choosing an Intoxication Manslaughter Lawyer for Your Waxahachie, TX, Case
If you are accused of intoxication manslaughter, remember you are innocent until proven guilty. A strong attorney will gather information to build a powerful defense for your case. To be proven guilty, there must be proof beyond reasonable doubt that someone’s death was caused because of reckless, intoxicated driving.
Attorney Randall B. Isenberg has served more than 30 years in the criminal legal system with varying roles as a prosecutor and state district judge. This knowledge provides a wide variety of wisdom for him and his team to create a unique defense for your case.
Click to contact our Intoxication Manslaughter Lawyers today
We Fight for You
We understand the impacts this can have on your life and your loved ones. We dedicate our time and resources to aggressively advocate for you. Our commitment to you is our top priority.
Consider these selected client reviews:
- “OUTSTANDING AND THE BEST REPRESENTATION. The Isenberg team are truly an outstanding group of professionals. They were honest with me from the beginning about my case being a difficult case but, they were going to try their best. They absolutely did their best and more. The Associate got my case dismissed before trial. The Isenberg team came to every hearing beyond prepare and knowledgeable about my case. I am forever grateful with Law Office of Randall B. Isenberg and they are truly the BEST representation you can get.” – Armando Escobar
- “Simply the best criminal defense lawyer in Texas! We hired him to represent our family on a felony case that not only could have had my father behind bars for the rest of his life but could of taken the most vital member of our family from us. From day one he guided us, advised us, and walked with us until the very end. He was genuine and cared for our family’s well-being and always represented us having our best interest at heart. He had the charges dropped to a lower offense and after probationary compliance, the case was dismissed returning our peace. I can honestly say my family is happy and together today because of this man and his caring and amazing team. Everyone cares and works hard to get justice done at this firm– always responsive and diligent with his clients.” – Nuria Garcia
The Law Offices of Randall B. Isenberg Is Ready to Represent You
If you or someone you love is facing intoxication manslaughter charges in Waxahachie, TX, it is time to fight for your rights. It is important that you contact the Law Offices of Randall B. Isenberg as soon as possible. It is vital we begin investigating your case as soon as possible to ensure we can gather all relevant facts and can speak to any witness or those involved before memories of what happened fade.
Our team is here to help you and provide support throughout this challenging time. We understand the ins and outs of intoxication manslaughter charges and how complicated they can be. We want to protect your rights and fight for you. Contact us today for a free consultation.
Call or text (214) 696-9253 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form