You can be charged with intoxication assault if you are accused of driving while intoxicated and causing an injury to another person. You may also face this charge under other circumstances. No matter the details of your criminal charges, our Waxahachie, TX intoxication assault lawyer can defend you.
The Law Offices of Randall B. Isenberg can analyze your case and explain your legal rights. Whether we seek to reduce the charges against you, dismiss the charges, or secure a not-guilty verdict, we will fight for a fair outcome in your case.
What Our Waxahachie, TX Intoxication Assault Attorney Can Do for Your Case
Attorney Randall B. Isenberg offers a combination of experiences that could benefit your case. Isenberg has over 30 years of experience as a former Senior Chief Felony Prosecutor and State District Trial Judge. Because he is a former judge and prosecutor, Isenberg and his team:
- Understand common prosecutorial tactics
- Understand the motivations of prosecutors and how to use those motivations to help your case
- Can relate to prosecutors and judges on a professional level
Allow our Waxahachie DWI lawyer to defend you. The legal process can become complex, and you do not have to face it alone.
Clients Speak About How the Law Offices of Randall B. Isenberg Helped Them
Our former clients describe what it means to be a client of our firm:
- “Simply the best criminal defense lawyer in Texas! We hired him to represent our family on a felony case that not only could have had my father behind bars for the rest of his life but could of taken the most vital member of our family from us. From day one he guided us, advised us and walked with us until the very end…” – Nuria Garcia, former client
- “To make a long story short, Randall was able to prove that the test given to me failed to comply with NHTSA standards. So the evidence was ruled invalid, and I’m happy to be free and living life with my beautiful wife and family. Thank you sir!” – Jordan, former client
You can review more testimonials from former clients of the Law Office of Randall B. Isenberg.
How Our Firm Can Fight Your Intoxication Assault Charge in Waxahachie, TX
Our team can work with you to develop and execute a defense strategy. We generally seek three possible outcomes:
- Dismissal of the intoxication assault charge
- A plea bargain
- A not-guilty verdict
The evidence in your case and the prosecutor’s approach to plea negotiations may determine the outcome that we seek for you. Regardless of the strategy we use, our team will:
- Examine the way that your arrest unfolded, identifying any misconduct by law enforcement officials
- Gather any evidence that suggests your innocence
- Lead plea negotiations
- Argue your case at trial, if your case proceeds to trial
The Law Offices of Randall B. Isenberg will fight for you.
Waxahachie Intoxication Assaults Lawyer Near Me (214) 696-9253
Why You Could Face Charges of Intoxication Assault in Waxahachie, TX
To work with us on your defense, you must understand why you face intoxication assault charges. Per Texas Penal Code § 49.07, you may face a charge of intoxication assault when accused of:
- Causing a serious bodily injury while operating a car, SUV, truck, or another type of motor vehicle under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Causing a serious bodily injury while operating a watercraft, aircraft, or amusement ride while under the influence of alcohol or drugs
The statute defines “serious bodily injury” as an “injury that creates a substantial risk of death or that causes serious permanent disfigurement or protracted loss or impairment of the function of any bodily member or organ.”
A charge of DWI is serious in its own right. If you are facing a charge of intoxication assault, the stakes are even greater. A lawyer from our team will work to spare you from the life-altering consequences of an intoxication assault conviction.
Click to contact our Intoxication Assaults Lawyers today
What Is at Stake if You Are Convicted of Intoxication Assault in Waxahachie, TX?
Texas classifies intoxication assault as a third-degree felony. Texas Penal Code § 12.34 lists the legal sanctions for a third-degree felony conviction as:
- Between two and ten years in prison
- A fine of up to $10,000
If you were involved in a motor vehicle accident, you may also face sanctions specific to your license, such as a suspension. Aggravating factors like extreme intoxication may result in different legal penalties.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Additional Consequences of a Conviction for Intoxication Assault
The harm caused by an intoxication assault conviction will not end with legal sanctions. A conviction may also result in:
- Professional losses: You could lose your job because of an intoxication assault conviction, especially if you serve a prison sentence. Depending on the nature of your career, your job prospects upon being released from prison may be limited or nonexistent. Such professional damages may cause significant financial problems.
- Custody issues: Family courts may question your judgment because of an intoxication assault conviction. Once you are free, you may have difficulty getting parental rights.
- Housing difficulties: Your conviction could affect your eligibility as a tenant and may make you an unattractive housing applicant even if you are technically eligible to rent or purchase a property.
- Permanent reputational harm: A felony conviction on your criminal record may affect several aspects of your life, as it can damage your reputation in a permanent way. Reputational harm can manifest in many ways.
It is difficult to quantify the exact cost of an intoxication assault conviction in Waxahachie, TX. However, as lawyer Randall B. Isenberg knows, the toll of a conviction is always great.
Call the Law Offices of Randall B. Isenberg Today To Discuss Your Case
Intoxication assault is a serious charge that warrants a serious defense. A lawyer from our firm will rise to the occasion, understanding that your freedom, reputation, and much more is on the line. We can lead your defense in Waxahachie when you hire our firm.
Call the Law Offices of Randall B. Isenberg today to begin working on your case.