Being arrested for a crime in Waxahachie can change your future. Dealing with the immediate aftermath of your arrest and the possibility of conviction can be stressful and traumatic. You do not have to fight alone after a criminal arrest.
If you were arrested and want to mitigate that potential damage of conviction, the Law Offices of Randall B. Isenberg might be able to help. Our client resource team may be able to help ensure that your arrest was valid, your rights were not violated, and that the police had probable cause to arrest you in the first place.
A Waxahachie criminal defense lawyer from the Law Offices of Randall B. Isenberg might be able to help you preserve your reputation in the present and protect your social, personal, and professional future. Contact the criminal defense team at the Law Offices of Randall B. Isenberg by calling (214) 696-9253 today. We offer a free, no-obligation initial consultation to prospective clients in Waxahachie.
Potential Penalties of Criminal Conviction
Any arrest on criminal charges can be distressing, but a conviction can be a life-changing event. It can wreak financial havoc, destroy your community standing, and leave you incarcerated in a local jail or state prison for varying lengths of time.
According to the Texas Politics Project at the University of Texas at Austin, a felony conviction in Texas might lead to the following penalties:
- First-degree felony: imprisonment for 5 to 99 years or for life and $10,000 in fines
- Second-degree felony: imprisonment for 2 to 20 years and $10,000 in fines
- Third-degree felony: imprisonment for 2 to 10 years and $10,000 in fines
- State jail felony: imprisonment for 180 days to 2 years and $10,000 in fines
If you are arrested for and charged with a misdemeanor, you might face these penalties:
- Class A misdemeanor: incarceration for 1 year and $4,000 in fines
- Class B misdemeanor: incarceration for 180 days and $2,000 in fines
- Class C misdemeanor: $500 in fines
The Law Offices of Randall B. Isenberg can explain the type of charges and possible penalties you are facing. We can also explain the steps we might be able to take to try to minimize the potential harm to you, your family, and your reputation.
How a Criminal Conviction Can Change Your Life
If you or someone you love is convicted of a crime, it might cause temporary embarrassment and have long-term negative consequences. Some limitations a criminal conviction might lead to include the following:
- A criminal conviction can make employment opportunities and career advancement difficult to obtain.
- Depending on the nature of your conviction, you might lose your driving privileges or the right to vote.
- After certain types of arrests, you might not be able to have your records sealed if you are convicted.
Being arrested for a crime does not automatically have to lead to a conviction. When the Law Offices of Randall B. Isenberg fights for you after an arrest, we might be able to challenge information the prosecutor has against you, such as field sobriety tests and other potentially damaging evidence. Our criminal defense team can fight hard to defend your rights.
Get a Criminal Defense Lawyer on Your Side
On your own, fighting criminal charges can be an all-consuming endeavor. When you hire a Waxahachie criminal defense lawyer from the Law Offices of Randall B. Isenberg, we might be able to conduct our own investigation, consult experts as needed, and question the validity and lawfulness of your arrest. Our team may also:
- Read, review, and explain the charges against you
- Investigate the crime scene and relevant evidence
- Identify, locate, and interview potential witnesses
- Work to get your charges dismissed, if possible
- Try to negotiate a plea deal to lessen the charges against you if your charges cannot be dismissed
Do not let a criminal arrest and conviction destroy your life. The Law Offices of Randall B. Isenberg can listen to the circumstances of your arrest and fight to achieve the outcome that is the least disruptive to your life.
Personal Injury Lawyer Near Me (214) 696-9253
Types of Cases Our Criminal Defense Team Handles
At the Law Offices of Randall B. Isenberg, our practice areas include but are not limited to:
- DUI and DWI cases
- Domestic violence cases
- DMV hearings
- Drug-related crimes
- Auto theft cases
- Probation violations
- Sex crimes
- Weapons offenses
You do not have to deal with the aftermath of a criminal arrest based on one of these charges on your own. For a free case review, contact the criminal defense team at the Law Offices of Randall B. Isenberg by calling (214) 696-9253 today.
Click to contact our Lawyers today
We Can Fight Hard to Protect Your Rights
According to the Texas Code of Criminal Procedure §38.22, you have rights when you are arrested that must be honored and respected. You have the right to:
- Remain silent and refuse to say anything that might be used against you if your case proceeds to court
- Have a lawyer present with you before answering any questions by police
- Terminate a police interview at any point
When the Law Offices of Randall B. Isenberg represents you, we may ask questions about the process of your arrest to ensure that your rights were not violated. We might be able to leverage any violation of your rights to your advantage.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Call the Law Offices of Randall B. Isenberg Today
If you or someone you love was arrested for a felony or misdemeanor, a Waxahachie criminal defense lawyer from the Law Offices of Randall B. Isenberg may be able to help you. Our lead attorney Randall B. Isenberg has over 30 years of experience in the legal field, including careers as a former prosecutor and state district judge.
For a free consultation on your case with a member of our client intake team, call the Law Offices of Randall B. Isenberg today at (214) 696-9253.
Call or text (214) 696-9253 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form