A blood alcohol concentration (BAC) chart for Texas can help you determine how many drinks you can have and how they might potentially affect your ability to operate your vehicle safely. In addition, the results of BAC tests will factor into the charges brought against you and the penalties you face if convicted.
If you or someone you love was arrested for driving while intoxicated (DWI), we can help you fight back. Our team will fight hard to prove you were not intoxicated, were not driving erratically, or were stopped without probable cause. We use every tool at our disposal to fight for justice for you and to ensure you receive fair treatment.
What Texas Considers Legal Intoxication
Like most people, you know the term “legal intoxication.” According to Texas Penal Code § 49.01(2), you are considered intoxicated if the amount of alcohol in your system hinders optimal cognitive and physical function or if your blood alcohol concentration is measured at 0.08 or higher.
How We Help You Avoid a DWI Conviction and Penalties
Your BAC level and previous history all play a role in the punishments a judge might impose upon conviction for DWI. When we handle your case, we work hard to build your defense. Our team will review the circumstances of your arrest and look for any discrepancies or errors that benefit your defense. We will also challenge:
- BAC testing equipment
- BAC machine calibration
- BAC test result accuracy
With over 30 years of experience as a former prosecutor and state district judge, Randall B. Isenberg is committed to helping you defend yourself and fight the stigma and penalties of a conviction.
For a free legal consultation, call (214) 696-9253
A BAC Chart Only Approximates How Much Alcohol You Can Handle
According to the Centers For Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the liver metabolizes alcohol in the body. The amount of alcohol your liver removes and the amount left in your body can vary greatly depending on your height and weight compared to another individual of a different size. Similarly, it can be hard to determine the number of alcoholic beverages it might take to raise your BAC to an unacceptable level.
The Differing Effects of Alcohol Consumption on Women
Because alcoholic beverages can contain different percentages of alcohol, it can be difficult to judge the amount in each drink. Sweet drinks make it even more difficult because their taste can mask alcohol content. A woman weighing:
- 100 pounds might become intoxicated after only two drinks
- 140 pounds might not become legally intoxicated until after three drinks
- 200 pounds might not become legally intoxicated until after four drinks
The Differing Effects of Alcohol Consumption on Men
Overconsuming alcohol causes your brain and reflexes to react differently and impairs your ability to coordinate movements and make sound judgements. A man weighing:
- 140 pounds might become intoxicated after only three drinks
- 180 pounds might not become intoxicated until after four drinks
- 220 pounds might not become intoxicated until after five drinks
If you face DWI charges, we can use witness statements and credit or debit card receipts to prove the number of drinks you had and when you consumed them. A BAC chart can then demonstrate that you could not have been legally intoxicated.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Previous Clients Share Their Experiences
Find out what it means to work with our supportive and responsive team from previous clients. When they talk about the results we achieved for them, they say:
- “My husband was taken to jail after a field sobriety test… we asked around about the best DWI attorneys in Dallas, and Randall’s name kept coming up… We were so relieved to have the case thrown out and to put it all behind us. And we’re happy to leave a good review.” – Sarah
- “There’s a reason Randall Isenberg was listed among the ‘Best Lawyers in Dallas’ by D Magazine. He truly is at the top in his field. Having true representation by a former state district judge, with all his experience, was worth every penny I spent on my defense.” – Arnold
- “I was very pleased being able to work with your Law Firm on my unfortunate DWI case. You were truly the best and had very impressive end results. I had some unplanned complications in my DWI case & the end results were very amazing.” – Jonny W
You are not alone in your fight for justice and fairness. Working with our criminal defense law firm means you get legal support combined with an outstanding client service experience.
Contact Our Team to Review Your Case
Were you or someone you love arrested for driving while intoxicated in Texas? Find out more about blood alcohol concentration charts and how we can help you challenge BAC test results. Contact the team at the Law Offices of Randall B. Isenberg today by calling (214) 696-9253 or using our contact form.