Texas law can be hard on those who have been accused of murder and assault. While the legal system exists to create fairness, the punishment for either crime can vary, which makes it difficult to gauge which legal strategy may be the best approach. It is in your best interest to hire a successful murder and assault lawyer in Arlington, TX, who will have your back.
The law office of Randall B. Isenberg fights for those who have been charged with serious crimes and understands how stressful this process can be for all involved. Our Arlington criminal defense lawyers specialize in domestic abuse, manslaughter, and other cases involving murder or assault. With us, your rights, reputation, and future will be safeguarded.
If you are seeking to avoid a murder or assault conviction, our law firm has highly-rated legal professionals with extensive experience. Learn more about how we can protect you and the important factors in a murder or assault case.
Key Elements of Your Murder or Assault Case
Murder and assault cases can be complex, involving various legal considerations and defenses. Consult with an assertive Arlington assault lawyer or manslaughter defense lawyer in Arlington who knows the intricacies of the Texas Penal Code to help you develop an effective defense strategy.
When it comes to murder and assault cases in Texas, there are three key things to understand:
Degrees of Offenses
Texas law recognizes different degrees of murder and assault offenses, each carrying varying degrees of severity and corresponding penalties. Understanding these degrees is crucial in assessing the potential consequences a defendant may face.
- Murder: Murder charges can range from capital murder, which carries the possibility of the death penalty or life imprisonment without parole, to manslaughter, which involves the reckless or negligent killing of another person and carries lesser penalties.
- Assault: Assault charges are classified by the severity of the injury caused, the presence of weapons, and the relationship between the parties involved. Aggravated assault is considered more serious, as it involves the use of a deadly weapon or the infliction of serious bodily injury.
Potential Penalties and Enhancements in Texas Murder or Assault Cases
Murder and assault offenses carry significant penalties in Texas, and additional enhancements can further increase the severity of the punishment. Factors such as prior criminal history, use of a deadly weapon, or the victim’s status (such as assaulting a public servant) can lead to enhanced sentences.
A reputable murder and assault lawyer in Arlington, TX, will ensure that you are aware of all factors associated with these offenses to make informed decisions regarding legal strategies and potential plea negotiations.
Arlington Murder and Assault Lawyer Near Me (214) 696-9253
Potential Exceptions: Self-Defense and Castle Doctrine
Texas law recognizes the right to self-defense and the Castle Doctrine. These legal principles allow individuals to use force, including deadly force, to protect themselves, their property, or others from imminent harm or intruders in certain circumstances.
With the advanced legal guidance of an Arlington murder and assault attorney, the nuances of self-defense laws and the Castle Doctrine can be used to your full advantage. Don’t risk the exceptions for murder or assault going uncovered in your case.
Click to contact our Murder and Assault Lawyers today
Verify Mitigating Factors In Your Case
In Texas, certain mitigating factors can influence the sentencing process, potentially resulting in a less severe punishment. Our Arlington murder and assault lawyers will generally opt to demonstrate the following to help clear or lessen sentences:
- Lack of prior criminal history
- Evidence of remorse
- Mental health issues
- History of abuse or trauma
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
How Our Firm Wins Criminal Cases
Our criminal defense law firm has a winning track record of fighting hard to safeguard justice for our clients. We fight relentlessly to protect our clients’ rights because we understand the devastating impact of false accusations. From our very first meeting, we’ll analyze your case and determine the best legal strategy:
- Unmasking doubt in forensic evidence: We’ll question the reliability and accuracy of forensic experts’ methods, procedures, and conclusions. We’ll also present alternative expert testimony or evidence that undermines the prosecution’s forensic claims.
- Exposing misconduct: Allegations of police misconduct or prosecutorial overreach can greatly affect trial fairness. By presenting supported evidence, we can challenge improperly obtained evidence, seek dismissal of charges, or even overturn convictions.
- Solidifying alibis: We’ll gather evidence proving that you were elsewhere during the alleged offense, supporting a strong alibi defense strategy.
Don’t face a conviction alone. Let a top-rated murder and assault lawyer in Arlington fight for your justice and protect the life you’ve built.
Find Aggressive Legal Protection When Facing Assault or Murder Charges in Texas
When your life and liberty hang in the balance, you need a tireless advocate with proven experience defending the most serious violent crime allegations. Our Arlington murder and assault lawyers fit that description perfectly. Our team has been widely recognized across Texas for over 30 years.
Don’t leave your future to chance. For skilled legal representation protecting your rights and freedom, contact the Law Offices of Randall B. Isenberg today.