If you or a loved one is facing domestic violence charges you can hire our a Dallas domestic violence lawyer from the Law Offices of Randall B. Isenberg to represent you in your case and fight to protect your future. Our law firm is dedicated to helping people protect their rights throughout their cases while facing family violence charges in Texas.
We aim to serve your legal interests and provide you with legal guidance as our client, whether you face criminal domestic violence charges or have a protective order placed against you. Our team is available to discuss your case, and your first consultation is free.
Our Legal Team Can Help Strategize Which Defenses You Can Use in Your Case
Domestic violence charges can place a permanent stain on your record, as this type of conviction is not eligible for expungement. So, when the stakes are high to keep your future intact, our legal team knows we must look at all the facts of your case to identify which defenses are available to you.
When you work with a Dallas domestic violence lawyer from our team, we look into the alleged event that took place, your arrest, and your criminal processing. If we discover probable doubt or unlawful conduct from the opposing side, we may build your defense on these factors. Some common defenses against domestic violence charges include:
- You have an alibi that establishes you were not present at the location where the alleged events took place.
- There are inconsistencies in the case being made against you, indicating the alleged victim could be lying about the domestic violence.
- An accident caused an alleged victim’s injuries, and you have evidence to support that it reasonably could have happened.
- You did injure the alleged victim; however, you were acting in self-defense, not abuse.
- The alleged victim does not have definitive evidence to support their claims against you, such as DNA evidence, a weapon, video footage, or witness testimony.
- The police officer who came to the scene committed investigative errors that led to your unlawful arrest.
Other defenses available to you may be unrelated to the alleged offense but how you were arrested or processed into the criminal system. For example, if you were not read your Miranda rights during your arrest, you may argue that your civil rights were violated. If the police officer did not interview witnesses at the scene or arrested you without probable cause, this may also be considered an unlawful arrest.
Any reason that could prevent you from having due process in court may be used as a defense against the charges you face. Our domestic violence lawyer in Dallas, TX will analyze multiple factors surrounding your case besides the claims about the alleged offense.
A Dallas Criminal Defense Lawyer From Our Team Can Help You Manage Your Case
Our legal team wants to offer you case management, meaning once you become our client, we can handle your case in Dallas and take on the legal responsibility of defending you against the domestic violence charges you are facing. Within this agreement, we offer to do other services for you, such as:
- Verifying whether the prosecution legally obtained evidence from you, such as statements from questioning
- Verifying whether your arrest was lawful and had probable cause
- Verifying whether your rights were maintained throughout your arrest, questioning, and processing
- Reviewing the prosecution’s argument and evidence to determine if there are inaccuracies or potential for error
- Interviewing and cross-examining witnesses who may provide testimony for your case
- Investigating the alleged event to retrieve new evidence, if available
- Building your defense based on the evidence available or lack thereof
For a free legal consultation with a Domestic Violence Lawyer serving Dallas, call (214) 696-9253
We Aim to Negotiate Your Charges to Be Reduced or Dismissed
Our goal as your criminal defense team is to fight for your interests, which is to reduce or dismiss your domestic violence charges. If possible, we may be able to avoid settling your case in court by negotiating with the prosecution.
Our domestic violence lawyers in Dallas, TX help our clients take action outside of court that can help reduce sentencing by petitioning to have our clients fulfill rehabilitative services, such as:
- Anger management
- Mental health counseling
- Family counseling
- Drug and alcohol rehabilitation
If we can demonstrate to the court that you are willing to take action to make a positive change in your life, this may help you reduce or eliminate certain charges from your case, including a potential conviction.
Dallas Domestic Violence Lawyer Near Me (214) 696-9253
Our Team Can Help You Fight Against License Suspension and Other Penalties
Most domestic violence charges can be charged as either a felony or a misdemeanor. A defendant charged with a felony can serve significant time in prison, whereas a defendant charged with a misdemeanor may serve only a short jail term or be required to pay a fine, attend counseling, or be put on probation.
Perhaps one type of penalty that many of our clients are concerned with involves career-related license suspension. Our past clients include many professionals, including:
- Hairstylists and barbers
- Physical therapists
In addition to protecting your rights in court, we can handle any professional licensing disciplinary matters that can often come with criminal conviction. A domestic violence lawyer can help you fight to retain your professional license in Dallas, TX so that you can continue to work in your industry. We understand the damage a domestic violence conviction can do to one’s reputation, so we aim to protect your career and other personal interests as much as possible.
Click to contact our Domestic Violence Lawyers today
Call the Law Offices of Randall B. Isenberg to Hire a Criminal Defense Lawyer in Dallas
When you call the Law Offices of Randall B. Isenberg, you can speak with a member of our team and learn more about how we may be able to defend you. Once you understand your rights and potential legal options, we can assign a lawyer to your domestic violence case and begin serving you in Dallas. We will keep you updated as developments occur in your case.
Begin building your case today by calling us at (214) 696-9253.